CS to be reviewed California

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS to be reviewed California

My support amount I pay to the cp was set 4 yrs ago when I was making much less at a different job. I recently went thru training and now I drive commercial trucks for a living. The cp wants to review my current income, but I have no definate earnings every week. It all depends on how many miles I drive, which can be from 500 to 3500 a week. Then I have expenses for myself just from living on the road. I have seen paychecks from $100 to $950 a week. Are these to be averaged out when the new cs amount is calculated? That will make it tough when the slow down after christmas comes. Will the new wife and her three children I now support also be factored in as an expense/deduction also? What about her small income from a part time job? I want to continue to financially support my son until he's 18, but the cp is money hungry and wants as much as she can.

california has a very complicated strategy for calculating CS. I believe they take both ppl's income into account. It is normal to average for the past 3 yrs tax returns. Your new wife and children won't be considered.

Comment

Originally posted by lithopro View Post
      My support amount I pay to the cp was set 4 yrs ago when I was making much less at a different job. I recently went thru training and now I drive commercial trucks for a living. The cp wants to review my current income, but I have no definate earnings every week. It all depends on how many miles I drive, which can be from 500 to 3500 a week. Then I have expenses for myself just from living on the road. I have seen paychecks from $100 to $950 a week. Are these to be averaged out when the new cs amount is calculated? That will make it tough when the slow down after christmas comes. Will the new wife and her three children I now support also be factored in as an expense/deduction also? What about her small income from a part time job? I want to continue to financially support my son until he's 18, but the cp is money hungry and wants as much as she can.
      Usually they will average your income out. Example: Your rate is 40 cents per mile, and your average miles per week this far is 2,000. They will base it on the 2,000 miles. If you are very new to driving a truck, you'll quickly find that trucking company recruiters lie, you were probably told that the company "promises" or "guarantees" you 2500 to 3000 miles per week. Do NOT use that number unless that is actually your average.

Comment

Thanks for the help here. I just received her financial statement and she is receiving SDI (claims to have Lupus) and her income is far below mine. I suspect she will go for SSI which is what she received with her spouse previous to me due to his incapacity to work. I'm very glad my son will be 18 in 2009 and I can end this leech's right to my income.

Comment

Working...
        X