stepparent rights Tennessee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by notjustastepmom View Post
    Well, if by raising a child and taking care of their every need portrays me as a mom, then I will not apologize for that. I know my place too. It is to make sure these children are well taken care of, even if the mother of my step-son doesn't.

To milspecgirl: Sorry your thread was taken over by all this debate about who is a mom and who is not.
    I hope I didn't come off overly snarky in my last post, because I almost, ever so slightly agreed with a point Kelly made, but just in a parallel way....

I was just pointing out that when Mom has legal rights, and has regular unsupervised visitation, then Stepmom should not be listed as "mom" on school papers.

Obviously, I don't know your situation, and I am well aware that steps can get rights (Ohio "Step" Mom, anyone?). I was just trying to make a clarification, there.

I do get a little perskickity sometimes, though. Sorry.

Comment

MomofBoys-my last post was not at all directed towards you, it was directed towards mommyof 5, who to my understanding does not even have her children. If my step-son's mother, was actually being a mom to him instead of letting me raise him, then I wouldn't consider myself his mom, but that is the position I have been put in. You did not say anything to me I feel you should be apologizing for.

Comment

hey- anyone can hijack my thread - EXCEPT KELLY or Deedee or doodoo or whoever she is claiming to be today- lol

Comment

Originally posted by notjustastepmom View Post
          MomofBoys-my last post was not at all directed towards you, it was directed towards mommyof 5, who to my understanding does not even have her children. If my step-son's mother, was actually being a mom to him instead of letting me raise him, then I wouldn't consider myself his mom, but that is the position I have been put in. You did not say anything to me I feel you should be apologizing for.
          My husband (my daughter's step father) is listed in all of her school records for contact info, responsible party, etc. However, I do have it clarified that he is the step father and a copy of my custody order is on file with her records so that the school has proof that they are not to allow the father (I have another name for him, but I can't put it on the public forum) is to have no contact, at all.

So, if you are listed as "Mom", it is a simple thing to avoid any sticky situations that may pop up by just writing the word "step" in front of "mother". That way, you are still in the child's records as, but are technically and legally safe.
          HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
          How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
          (unique up on him)
          How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
          (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by milspecgirl View Post
            hey- anyone can hijack my thread - EXCEPT KELLY or Deedee or doodoo or whoever she is claiming to be today- lol
            Okay...hijack, hijack, hijack.

You said I could!

Oh, and Kelly, please change your name. You are not a MOM, and you are NOT a STEP MOM. You are a psychotic nutjob whose only former children are being rasied by a loving, supportive woman who is taking up your slack.

You are NOT allowed to be around them or have contact. Hmmm, sounds like my ex. Since I know what HE had to do to be so limited, I can assure you that you, as a MOTHER, were worse.
            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
            (unique up on him)
            (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
              My husband (my daughter's step father) is listed in all of her school records for contact info, responsible party, etc. However, I do have it clarified that he is the step father and a copy of my custody order is on file with her records so that the school has proof that they are not to allow the father (I have another name for him, but I can't put it on the public forum) is to have no contact, at all.

So, if you are listed as "Mom", it is a simple thing to avoid any sticky situations that may pop up by just writing the word "step" in front of "mother". That way, you are still in the child's records as, but are technically and legally safe.
              I'm hijacking too!

Mommyof4, do you ever think about your daughter's biological father, and just S-H-U-D-D-E-R. I mean, seriously creepy crawlies?

God, I hate that feeling.

The thing is, because of September 11, which happened just days after I was "with" my son's bio-dad, I remember the date EXACTLY that the boy was conceived. So, two days ago, all day long, I kept creeping myself out. I mean, I love my son soooooooooooooo much, and he serioulsy gets cuter everyday (he's starting to use more "grown up" words -- very cute), but, man, what I had to do to get him.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!! !!

GROSS GROSS GROSS GROSS GROSS!!!!!!

((((((runs off to shower))))))

Comment

Originally posted by MomofBoys View Post
                I'm hijacking too!

Mommyof4, do you ever think about your daughter's biological father, and just S-H-U-D-D-E-R. I mean, seriously creepy crawlies?

God, I hate that feeling.

The thing is, because of September 11, which happened just days after I was "with" my son's bio-dad, I remember the date EXACTLY that the boy was conceived. So, two days ago, all day long, I kept creeping myself out. I mean, I love my son soooooooooooooo much, and he serioulsy gets cuter everyday (he's starting to use more "grown up" words -- very cute), but, man, what I had to do to get him.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!! !!

GROSS GROSS GROSS GROSS GROSS!!!!!!

((((((runs off to shower))))))
                Wow!! Same EXACT situation with me except my DD was conceived 3 days AFTER 9/11....I get the "WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING OF" feeling every year at this time!! But then I look at her adorable little self and smile!!

She is a living doll!!
                Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

Comment

You have no idea. Luckily my daughter is going to be 12 in about 6 weeks and some of the traumatic memories seem to be fading.
                  HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                  (unique up on him)
                  (same way)

Comment

After having my son diagnosed with early onset bipolar disorder this year, I can understand where some untreated issues went awry in his biological father. Fortunately, my son is being helped early, there is no hope for his birth father as he has already gone down the addiction road for many years.

Comment

It's so strange. We are smart, independent, put-together and dare I say "sassy" women. Yet we all managed to spend at least one night with the male equivalent of Kelly. How is that possible?

I think God just had a plan for my son, and you know, I had to do what I had to do. Yick.

Demartian, I am right there with you though, about the early problems. I knew my son's biological father in high school. Looking back, not only does it seem obvious that he suffered from some sort of depressive disorder, but I beleive on top of it, he was (and still is) bulemic, which is almost never spoken about in men. His parents were oblivious, or maybe just didn't care. I watch my son like a hawk. I'd step in front a train if that's what it takes to keep him from going down that road.

Comment

[QUOTE=MomofBoys;911957]It's so strange. We are smart, independent, put-together and dare I say "sassy" women. Yet we all managed to spend at least one night with the male equivalent of Kelly. How is that possible?

I think God just had a plan for my son, and you know, I had to do what I had to do. Yick. [QUOTE]

Thank you MoB....I hadn't quite thought of it in this term....Male equivalent of Kelly...Please excuse me while I go vomit....(GACK)....(GACK).....considerer's the horror of sleeping with METK and once again....(GACK).....

I will never have sex again....
                        Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

Comment

Working...
                        X