Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the penalty for witholding a summons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the penalty for witholding a summons?

Well, loser, his mother, and her married boyfriend brought the police to my house tonight. By God's grace, my dad had JUST left with my daughter and my grandson to go to his house not five minutes before they showed up with the police.

While out at their vehicle, I asked loser if he knew about this whole thing from the beginning. Very loud and very proud in the presence of the officer he said "Yes I did". Which means, as they were all living together, he just admitted that he withheld my daughters summons for the custody case.

Wouldn't that qualify for the five year federal prison time for tampering with the mail?......not to mention that it was a County Common Pleas Juvenile Court kind of mail he tampered with.

Freakmil was cussing me left and right. Swearing that my daughter and grandson were in my house. I told the officer he was free to search every inch of my house.

I will leave out the profanity here but I don't think the officer of color liked hearing freakmil call me a N loving *****. I just leaned over and said at least I'm not a convicted felon on probation and then I said a quick "hello" to the married boyfriend and let him know that I work with his wife. (he didn't know that) She's the housekeeper on my shift at work.

The officer told me that if I contacted my daughter, tell her that it would be better for her to cooperate and bring the child to them. About that time, freakmil made a statement that she was going to "Kill the little B if she didn't bring him now." Again, in front of the police officer and I just asked him if he were comfortable with a 15 month old being turned over to someone who just threatened the life of my daughter. At that point he made them leave.
    Don't listen to a word I say because ya know I've gotta be crazy to be a Brown's fan.

Crazy!!!

I haven't been on for a while. I am so sorry about what has been going on!! Keep us posted. You, your daughter and grandson will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Not an expert just stating what I know from experience and or moral standings

Comment

Well, I found this:

R.C. 3127.19 (Notice; Opportunity to be Heard; Joinder). This section combines current R.C. 3109.23 and 3109.28.

New R.C. 3127.19
      (A) provides that before a child custody determination is made notice must be given to all persons entitled under Ohio law to notice of a
      child custody proceeding, any parent whose parental rights have not been terminated, and any person having physical custody of the child.
      Don't listen to a word I say because ya know I've gotta be crazy to be a Brown's fan.

Comment

K.. here's what I would do (haven't read your update on the other thread yet so this is just based on this one only). Keep your daughter and grandson on the move.. but away from your house. Have her stay a day here and day there with a friend, relative.. etc while your getting this all figured out.

I would wait a day or two and contact the police for a copy of the report from last night and see if the officer comments on her demeanor.

The next two things make sure your daughter goes with and does most of the talking so it comes from her and not you but: Attempt to go to the prosecutor's office with the proof of things in hand and check into the mail fraud or deception issues. Then (or when you have the police report) go to child protective services and speak to someone there. Explain the situation, the issues with the felonies on the grandma... etc... and file a report.. and possibly they can file for an emergency hearing to prevent the child from going back there.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy72 View Post
          K.. here's what I would do (haven't read your update on the other thread yet so this is just based on this one only). Keep your daughter and grandson on the move.. but away from your house. Have her stay a day here and day there with a friend, relative.. etc while your getting this all figured out.

I would wait a day or two and contact the police for a copy of the report from last night and see if the officer comments on her demeanor.

The next two things make sure your daughter goes with and does most of the talking so it comes from her and not you but: Attempt to go to the prosecutor's office with the proof of things in hand and check into the mail fraud or deception issues. Then (or when you have the police report) go to child protective services and speak to someone there. Explain the situation, the issues with the felonies on the grandma... etc... and file a report.. and possibly they can file for an emergency hearing to prevent the child from going back there.

I agree- the only change I would do- and I may have just read wrong- is I would get the police report, all your eveidence and file your emergency motion asap!!!!!! not in a few days- and at this point your daughter is between a rock and a hard place- so yes- keep her on the move, until she can be advised by her lawyer- and if the lawyer turns out to be a spineless weasel and tells her to turn the kid over- demand that he take whatever measures necessary to prevent that from having to happen.....

how did freakmil get the heads up to try to come and get the baby????
          http://www.gestaltmediation.com/

Comment

I guess because my daughter and the baby have been over here since Friday. During their relationship, only during times where he has broken up with her has she spent that or more of an amount of time away from him with the baby.

They argued Thursday night because he had blown most of his check trying to fix some piece of crap truck and the rent was due. During the argument, he brought up breaking up but didn't make her leave...then she found the papers the next day.

The attorney is supposed to be trying to get an emergency order filed and we're supposed to hear something around 1 or 2. It feels like the minutes are dragging on forever here. I hate feeling helpless. I feel so useless right now. I can't go out to my parents because I don't want anyone to follow me out there or have any proof I knew where she was or that we were in contact.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio "Step" Mom View Post
              I guess because my daughter and the baby have been over here since Friday. During their relationship, only during times where he has broken up with her has she spent that or more of an amount of time away from him with the baby.

They argued Thursday night because he had blown most of his check trying to fix some piece of crap truck and the rent was due. During the argument, he brought up breaking up but didn't make her leave...then she found the papers the next day.

The attorney is supposed to be trying to get an emergency order filed and we're supposed to hear something around 1 or 2. It feels like the minutes are dragging on forever here. I hate feeling helpless. I feel so useless right now. I can't go out to my parents because I don't want anyone to follow me out there or have any proof I knew where she was or that we were in contact.

yes make sure she and baby are hidden til your attorney tells you to do something else- GOOD LUCK

hopefully the police are astute enough to put in the report what granny said about intercepting the summons and the threat to your daughter

Comment

ok what's the news?!?!?!? it's past 1 or 2 your time.......

Comment

It's going on 2:30 and I'm about to throw up. We haven't heard anything yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio "Step" Mom View Post
                    It's going on 2:30 and I'm about to throw up. We haven't heard anything yet.
                    don't suppose you happen to have your attorney's cell number huuh?

Comment

No. And, it's exH's attorney, mine was going to be tied up all day today in a criminal trial. At this point though, I don't care if it's the Easter Bunny as long as something gets filed today.

Comment

UGH!!! This is awful.
                        Not an expert just stating what I know from experience and or moral standings

Comment

So far no word. "They are working on it." I did however speak to the officer that came to the house last night. I was hoping that he included the statement about when I asked the loser if he knew about this from the beginning and he said that he only put in the report that they came to my house to enforce a custody order and the child was not at the residence.

I told him that I had hoped that he included the statement that loser made admitting he knew about the case from the beginning. He said that he would be more than happy to testify because he was there, heard the entire question and the entire answer, and to tell my daughters attorney to just send him a subpoena. Yea for the good cop!!!

Now if the attorney would only get off her butt and get something filed TODAY.
                          Last edited by Ohio "Step" Mom; 05-09-2007, 12:02 PM.

Comment

YES SUBPOENA THAT COPPER!!!! good for him for doing the right thing!

Comment

Court closed 20 minutes ago. Nothing got filed. One more night of torture for my daughter. Yea.

Just talked to the office manager at the law firm and she needed to know the name of the officer. They hope to meet with him tonight so they can get a written statement about what he heard so they can present that with their motion in the morning.

Still, another night of torture and knowing that she would have no choice but to turn over my grandson if they show up at my parents home. Too much. Just too much.

Comment

Working...
                              X