Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a confused teen need help Florida

=]hola
    Last edited by fatbert06; 02-05-2007, 08:41 PM.

The LLT crystal ball is out of order. No one can tell you what your payments will be.

What you should do is get your *** out there and find a job.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

First off don't get stressed.. Your right DNA will have to be done first. In the mean time look for a job and open a bank accoutn and set aside $25 dollards from each check, in case this child is yours, Then you will have some money saved up to help support this child. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by fatbert06 View Post
        Hey everybody, I am an 18 year old college student and i had a girlfriend who already had a child and we had been going out 6 months before we got sexually active. Somewere among the lines we realized that we wernt meant for one another. last night she called me telling me she is pregneat and that its my child, obviously until i get a dna test i cant be to sure that its mine but lets say it is mine... i dont have a job what will my payments be and what should i do somebody please help im feeling a little bit confused about all this..
        Um, go get a job.

When the baby is born, you will want to establish paternity, and if the child is yours, you will be ordered to pay child support. If you still don't have a job for some bizarre reason, then support will be ordered based on your potential income, which, at a minimum, is a full-time minimum wage job.

When you have sex with someone, there's always the chance that a pregnancy will result. So.... go get a job to help support your child. Did you really need to ask that question?

Comment

Originally posted by fatbert06 View Post
          Well the thing is neither of us is under age im 18 and she is 21 my main concern however is i havent been able to find a job and i wanted to know how much the minimum payments 4 child support would b here in florida or would i even get that sence they would probably see that i am able to work does n e body know n e loop wholes here like any way i can postpone this?
          I will respond on your thread to this question that you randomly posted on another thread.

You sure like loopholes! First you want to get out of paying car insurance by committing fraud, now you want to get out of paying child support. What is the matter with you?

You are NOT unable to work. If you cannot find a job, you are not really trying. There are plenty of jobs available. Unless you are physically disabled, you are, in fact, able to work. As I said, if you refuse to work, your child support order will be issued according to your earning potential, which is at LEAST fullt time minimum wage. Do some math, find a child support calculator, and figure it out. How in the world did you get accepted to college?

What do you mean "postpone" this? Postpone childbirth? In addition to not understanding math, you don't understand biology. Human gestation takes approximately 40 weeks from conception to birth. There's nothing to postpone.

Every state in this country recognizes that a child has the right to be supported, both emotionally and financially, by both parents. There's no loophole, and it is disgusting that you would want to find a way to ignore your responsibilites to your own helpless child. Shame on you.

Get a job.

Comment

ok- don't start panicing until you get the DNA test. Don't sign or acknowledge anything without that test. If the test shows the baby is yours, you will have to get a job. The judge will not care that you are in college- you may have to go to night classes or drop out until a later time in order to get a job to support your child. A lot of ppl have to put college on the back burner in order to do what is right by their child. Took me 13 years to finish. so, until the baby is born, put away what you can. ask for a DNA test immediately after birth. then, go from there

Comment

Originally posted by fatbert06
              I am a full-time college student there is no way i could do a full time job it wouldent fit on my schedule i go to school monday-fri and sometimes saturday so really all i could manage is a part-time job and i havent been able to find a job that will work with my schedule yet i have tried...
              You do not have the RIGHT to a higher education. Your child does have the RIGHT to be supported by you. That is how it works. If you cannot manage school and work to support your child, then you need to give up school. It's that simple. Being a full time college student is NOT a protected class.

When the child is born, you will need to establish paternity. If the child is not yours, then you have no obligations to him/her. But if the baby is yours, then you will be ordered to pay support, and there is no loophole around it.

I suggest you get a job right now that is at least part time and save your money. No one believes that you cannot do it, because we all had jobs while we were in school full time or while we were parenting full time. The balance doesn't come to you -- you have to find it yourself. Save some money, and be prepared to go to work FULL time to support the child if the child is yours. If the child is not yours, then you have some cash tucked away for your own use -- perhaps to bail yourself out of jail for insurance fraud.

Comment

Quote:
                Originally Posted by fatbert06
                whats up everyone. quick question, im 18 in college finally getting a decent car i can afford (1,500/ 94 honda accord ex) because i wont be able to afford a car payment with mandatory full coverage. well i want to get cheap insurence nothing more than liability. if it was up to me i wouldn't even get insurence but my parents are making me. and they wont put me in there insurence. im just wondering is there anyway to manipulate the system...maybe fake insurence card/or a real cheap insurence site../or should i just say **** insurrence and go without it because you give, give and give and get nothing in return sort of like my girl friend...lol no im serious though and about her p.s if you got tips or a way with words on how to get her to give me some let me know too, i would really appreciate that one..lol

Okeydoke.

She did "give you some". You got her pregnant. Now you are trying to find a way to weasel out of supporting your coming child. Yep, you're a winner. I just can't believe that she won't let you touch her...I mean...being pregnant with a baby that the father is just hoping to have a chance to deny AND is actually asking "what to do" because he is hoping someone will tell him that he doesn't need to get a JOB....it would sure make any normal woman I know come begging for you.

Get a clue.

Just imported this from his insurance fraud thread. I cracked up.
                HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
                (unique up on him)
                How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
                (same way)

Comment

Okay, first...let's get something straight. Is this girl the same girl you want to spend the rest of your life with? If so, WHY do you want to find ways to get out of CS (and I don't buy your excuse for a minute. Any person that is wanting and eager to be a parent does not ask how to get around supporting his or her child.) and WHY do you think it will be necessary to get full custody of this child? After all, you are going to spend your lives together!!!

In answer to your question, the ONLY way you would wrest custody from her is if you can prove to a court that she is an unfit parent. Not that you think you can do better, but that there is proof of documented abuse, neglect, severe drug problems, that she has abused another child, etc. When the baby is born, legal paternity will have to be established, either by marriage, voluntarily signing an affidavit of paternity (which she will have to sign, also), or DNA testing. Once that is done, you will have to file for custody/visitaiton in court. Until there is a court order granting you any rights, she is under no legal obligation to allow you to have any contact with the child. Once paternity is legally established, she will have the right to file for child support. Having an order of child support issued will STILL give you no right to custody/visitation or any contact with the child. When the child is born, if you two are not married, she will be the ONLY custodial and legal parent of the child until paternity is established and court orders custody/visitation.
                  Last edited by mommyof4; 02-05-2007, 08:50 AM.
                  HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                  How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
                  (unique up on him)
                  How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
                  (same way)

Comment

Sorry for posting on another thread i got mixed up as far as the insurance thing that was my cuzin that used my account for that question, i have prepared myself mentally to do this and i will manage both college and work cuz i do wana get ahead in life not just for myself but for the child that i got on the way i believe i got almost 8 months to get my s*** together my next question is, is there any way i can have full custody of the child and please do excuse my spelling i am not from here.
                    So... first you wanted a "loophole" to get out of paying child support, and now you want full custody? If you cannot manage support, how will you manage full custody? A judge is going to laugh in your face. Literally laugh out loud. S/he may even point at you while making fun of your ignorance.

The advice still stands: GET A JOB.

Comment

is she agreeable to them taking the child???????????

Comment

whoa whoa whoa. you are both going to allow your parents to adopt the child? You both realize as your parents do that neither one of you will have any legal rights at all to the child. if your parents decide neither one of you is good enough they can completely shut you out until that child is 18? Are you sure she understands this? Because once they hand her the papers to sign they will make sure she understands before she signs and she could back out at the last minute

Comment

wow- my best to all of you, I hope it works out in a way that is best for the child. you do know that your parents can never ask her for support or anything. once she signs the adoption papers- she is no longer the legal mother of that child and when you sign those papers you are no longer the legal father

Comment

at first no but when she saw me in tears she felt bad and decided to go with it so i got happy again but i aint gona charge her child support i told her what ever she wants to give our baby i want it to come out of her heart not becuz the gov is makin her u no so thats when she agreed to allow this
                            So, you cried about how hard it would be to pay child support, and this woman just up and decided that she would give the child up for adoption to your parents?

Not buyin' it.

And FYI, you cannot "charge" her child support. If she gives her child up for adoption, she is under no obligation to support that child. And if you both agree to let your parents adopt, neither of you owe support, AND neither of you are entitled to have anything to do with this child. Didn't you say you are not from the US? Does this woman know that her child could be raised in a different country, and she has no legal recourse to see, speak to or spend even one iota of time with her child? Neither do you.

Further, an adoption does not go through just because the parties are in agreement. A judge will see right through your little game that you and this woman are trying to give your child to your parents in an effort to avoid legally required child support. In the end, your parents might get custody, and you and her will BOTH end up paying support.

Comment

yea my father me and her and her parents we all discussed this over dinner and they agreed it was the best thing to do. because my parents are financialy stable and mature and she is kind of on off and her parents are struggling themselves
                              No matter what she agrees to right now, she has the right to change her mind. I wouldn't count on anything being set in stone considering the child 1. isn't born yet and 2. you don't even know if it is yours.

Comment

Working...
                              X