Temp custody of grandchildren Michigan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp custody of grandchildren Michigan

We live in Michigan, Wayne county, We my mom and I just found out that my 23yr old sister is hooked on Heroin really bad. She moved in with my mom a few weeks ago with her boyfriend and her 2 kids ages 4 and 1. My mom kicked out her boyfriend, and told her she needs to get help. Were trying to help her, but she and her boyfriend took off earler this morning, and went to get some more drugs. My sister then called later to tell my mom that she was comming to get her kids. My mom said no, my sister said she was gonna call the cops, my mom said go ahead Ill tell them why i will not give them to you then. We are trying to see what we have to do to get my mom temp custody of my niece and nephew, just untill we get my sister the help she needs and when she is better she can have them back. Please help, this is all happening so fast, and its really sad and scary!!!!

Originally posted by stepmom25 View Post
    We live in Michigan, Wayne county, We my mom and I just found out that my 23yr old sister is hooked on Heroin really bad. She moved in with my mom a few weeks ago with her boyfriend and her 2 kids ages 4 and 1. My mom kicked out her boyfriend, and told her she needs to get help. Were trying to help her, but she and her boyfriend took off earler this morning, and went to get some more drugs. My sister then called later to tell my mom that she was comming to get her kids. My mom said no, my sister said she was gonna call the cops, my mom said go ahead Ill tell them why i will not give them to you then. We are trying to see what we have to do to get my mom temp custody of my niece and nephew, just untill we get my sister the help she needs and when she is better she can have them back. Please help, this is all happening so fast, and its really sad and scary!!!!
    Your mom needs to report everything to CPS now. They will most likely be able to temporarily place the kids in your mom's custody until an investigation is done.
    My prayers are with your family.

Comment

Well, My sister got her kids back, and we found out that they are staying at her boyfriends mom's house. They are staying there becuase we will not let my sisters boyfriend stay at my moms. They had a notarized letter stating that they are temporarly giving his mother custody of the kids so that we cannot take the kids from them, becuase we will not let her bayfriend stay, his mom is letting them both stay. Also we found out that his mom gave in and gave them money to get more drugs because she could not handle them in the withdrawl stage. Can we still get temp custody eventhough they signed a paper giving his mom temp custody? Its not signed by a judge, but it is notarized.

Comment

Well the thing is neither of us is under age im 18 and she is 21 my main concern however is i havent been able to find a job and i wanted to know how much the minimum payments 4 child support would b here in florida or would i even get that sence they would probably see that i am able to work does n e body know n e loop wholes here like any way i can postpone this

Comment

Originally posted by fatbert06 View Post
          Well the thing is neither of us is under age im 18 and she is 21 my main concern however is i havent been able to find a job and i wanted to know how much the minimum payments 4 child support would b here in florida or would i even get that sence they would probably see that i am able to work does n e body know n e loop wholes here like any way i can postpone this
          WTH does that have to do with this thread?

Your only option is to get a J-O-B. Can you spell JOB? There is no loophole. There is no loophole to commit insurance fraud, or lack of insurance. You better grow up quick, Junior. You got a baby coming. Man, you must really, really love this girl you decided to spend the rest of your life with.
          HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
          How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
          (unique up on him)
          How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
          (same way)

Comment

Stepmom 25....

The notarized piece of paper is just that. It's a piece of paper that, when signed, was witnessed by a notary public. It is not a legally binding court order. Your mother needs to contact CPS and report this NOW. She then needs to file for emercency temporary custody of the children.
            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
            How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
            (unique up on him)
            How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
            (same way)

Comment

I have been on hold with cps for 20 minutes. What is up with these people? Do they take phone calls or what. I was told that cps will not do anything unless there is proof. The only proof we have is if we can get them to take a drug test, which will be difficult. They tossed all their drug stuff (ie:needles and other stuff) except for what they have to use now, like maybe a couple needles. I know her boyfriend is on parole. He get off in a few weeks. Im trying to get ahold of his parole office to have him/her get him to take a drug test. Is that possible?

Comment

I just spoke with my mom, and she said she can't take it anymore, she is going to have a nervous breakdown. My mom does not want to take her kids becuase she thinks my sister will kill herself. My mom thinks that my sister will be able to just up and stop this heroin and be just fine. Thats what my sister tells her. My sister has been using for 9 months. She is seriously addicted. My brother and I are the only ones that are going to be able to be strong enough to deal with this. I am married, 26 yrs old with 3 kids. Do you think I will be able to gain custody? I do not have any spare bedrooms, but at this point I think that space has noithing on them being in the care of their drug addicted parents.

Comment

you are a long way from custody of this child. you first have to get both parents proven unfit. you will have to get CPS involved and get them to take the child out of the home. My hubby's ex had cps in there 5x before they took the child and then they put it in foster care before they allowed a relative to even think about adoption and they gave the parents (his ex and her new hubby) 3 or 4 tries to get their stuff together.
                  you are going to have to get cps in there and keep calling them every time you learn something new.

Comment

Working...
                  X