X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monies Disprsement Issue Question California

Hello,
    In a nutshell and to the point:
    My children are 18 and 19 now. 6 months ago I paid the balance of my owed and arreared child support of 81,000 which has brought me to oweing zero now. Right before I paid the balance in full, my childrens mother past away, which at the time of payment I did not know, not that it mattered for my obligation. Out of that payment I made, 24,000 was apparently paid to the County she lived in because she was receiving assistance for a while, and this left a remainder of 57,000. The other day I received in the mail a court order to appear in court and the reason on the papers says "Deterimination of Monies Dispursement". I do not have a lawyer, and cannot afford to hire one, as I used up all my resources to come up with the large payment I made. I do not understand what this type of court order is about and where this remaining 57,000 is going to go to. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? If you need any further info from me to give a more accurate answer, please respond to this and I will supply whatever info I can.
    Thank You In Advance,
    Hollywooder

I would assume it would go to the children, however you might ask a judge to put it into an acct for them until they are older. It may also go to their mother's expenses if she died and owed money. I doubt you will need an atty.

Comment

Originally posted by hollywooder View Post
      Hello,
      In a nutshell and to the point:
      My children are 18 and 19 now. 6 months ago I paid the balance of my owed and arreared child support of 81,000 which has brought me to oweing zero now. Right before I paid the balance in full, my childrens mother past away, which at the time of payment I did not know, not that it mattered for my obligation. Out of that payment I made, 24,000 was apparently paid to the County she lived in because she was receiving assistance for a while, and this left a remainder of 57,000. The other day I received in the mail a court order to appear in court and the reason on the papers says "Deterimination of Monies Dispursement". I do not have a lawyer, and cannot afford to hire one, as I used up all my resources to come up with the large payment I made. I do not understand what this type of court order is about and where this remaining 57,000 is going to go to. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? If you need any further info from me to give a more accurate answer, please respond to this and I will supply whatever info I can.
      Thank You In Advance,
      Hollywooder
      Who is listed as the petitioner/plaintiff on the notice?

I don't see where you would need an attorney, as long as there isn't any allegation that you owe any more CS. It might be a simple matter of the executor of ex's estate versus your kids. Usually any monies paid after a CP is deceased will become property of the estate. Of course, not knowing who filed for the hearing, all of this is just a guess.

Comment

Petitioner/Plaintiff Is....

milspecgirl,
        Thanks for taking the time to respond. Who is listed as the petitioner/plaintiff on the notice? The County that this case is in.

Comment

Working...
        X