X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snowed
    started a topic Agreement not followed Ohio

Agreement not followed Ohio

My ex and I have been divorced for more than five years. At that time, my child was preschool age. Also at the time, I did agree to a shared parenting plan, not knowing the demands of a school age child and the chaos of near split time. We've never held to the agreement. He's seen her consistently, but gave up much of the agreed time to persue other things. NOW, he's coming to me saying he wants to honor the original agreement. Do I have grounds to change the agreement based on the fact that he chose not to abide by it for the past few years? Help...

• xena
    replied
    Originally posted by snowed View Post
    Thank you for the quick reply. How difficult is it to get a modification? Do you have to show extreme change in conditions or can it be that one person just doesn't feel the arrangements work well?
    A change in circumstances is required before filing to modify. That shouldn't present a problem in your case because the order is 5 yrs old and your child is no longer a preschooler.

Filing a modification is very easy without an attorney, especially if both parents are in agreement. Ask your court clerk for the forms to fill out and file.

Leave a comment:

• snowed
    replied
    Thank you for the quick reply. How difficult is it to get a modification? Do you have to show extreme change in conditions or can it be that one person just doesn't feel the arrangements work well?

Leave a comment:

• xena
    replied
    Originally posted by snowed View Post
    My ex and I have been divorced for more than five years. At that time, my child was preschool age. Also at the time, I did agree to a shared parenting plan, not knowing the demands of a school age child and the chaos of near split time. We've never held to the agreement. He's seen her consistently, but gave up much of the agreed time to persue other things. NOW, he's coming to me saying he wants to honor the original agreement. Do I have grounds to change the agreement based on the fact that he chose not to abide by it for the past few years? Help...
    No, if you want to change anything you'll have to file for a modification. Until then the existing court order stands and both you and ex have the right to insist that the order be followed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X