Percentage in Va Washington Virginia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Percentage in Va Washington Virginia

I was told that 50% of the man income is used for child support. Does that mean if he has an order for 3 other kids all should equal 50% that is taken from his check to pay his support?

first of all, please don't use man. It is ncp (non custodial parent) and they are not all men. Each state has their own way of determining child support. Which particular state are you interested in and how many children are supposed to be covered? I am pretty sure that no more than 50% of income can be taken, regardless of how many children there are, but the amounts are figured differently in each state.

Comment

Originally posted by milkshake View Post
      I was told that 50% of the man income is used for child support. Does that mean if he has an order for 3 other kids all should equal 50% that is taken from his check to pay his support?
      No. Whatever the percentage that is used to calculate child support will be used for the FIRST order. The second order will use the same percentage based on his income AFTER the first order has been deducted, and so on.

Example (using 50%)

1st order
      Net Monthly income: $2000
      Take the $2000 and subtract 50% to get the support amount of $1000.
      That's the first support order amount.

NOW...

Second order
      Net Monthly income: $1000 ($2000 - $1000 (first support order))
      Take the $1000 and subtract 50% to get the support amount of $500.
      That's the SECOND support order amount.

Please keep in mind that this is only a simple example with easy amounts. This in no way tells you exactly what the ordered amount will be. Furthermore, I am realatively sure that VA does not have the child support percentage set at 50% for one child.

www.supportguidelines.com
      Last edited by mommyof4; 01-17-2007, 09:12 AM.
      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
      (unique up on him)
      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
      (same way)

Comment

Thank you and sorry about using man.

Comment

Working...
        X