My ex has 3 kids with 2 different women TX Texas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My ex has 3 kids with 2 different women TX Texas

I need some advice, my ex and I get along good. As of yet we do not have any court ordered child support set up. He pays me $500 a month for 2 kids. He also has a 10 year old daughter from a previous relationship that he has an agreement with. He gives her $400 a month again not court ordered either. However I am in a situation that I need documentation for court ordered child support to be paid. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what percentage my children would get, I know she would get the first 20%. If it helps he makes about $2000.00 bi weekly and nets between $37,000-$40,000 a year. He also pays about$150.00 for health insurance for all the kids.

Originally posted by MichelleTX View Post
    I need some advice, my ex and I get along good. As of yet we do not have any court ordered child support set up. He pays me $500 a month for 2 kids. He also has a 10 year old daughter from a previous relationship that he has an agreement with. He gives her $400 a month again not court ordered either. However I am in a situation that I need documentation for court ordered child support to be paid. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what percentage my children would get, I know she would get the first 20%. If it helps he makes about $2000.00 bi weekly and nets between $37,000-$40,000 a year. He also pays about$150.00 for health insurance for all the kids.
    If you need documentation, go to a lawyer, and have him draw up papers, of the agreement that you two have. As far as the state requirements, when a parent is paying more than one child support payment, mommyof4, is very knowledgable in this area.

Comment

The way CS orders work is that the first COURT ORDERED CS actually paid is deducted from the NCP's income, then the CS is determined. (I hope that makes sense).

Since the other mother doesn't have a court order, when you file, your CS will be based on all of his income. Then, later if she wishes to file, the court ordered CS he pays you will be deducted from his income before determining her CS.

You can find a CS calculator for your state by going to http://www.alllaw.com/calculators/Childsupport

Comment

Really, so it doesn't matter that the other child is older. It matters on who files for CS first? I don't want to have to get a lawyer involved, I just want to go to court and see what he is required to pay and have that as documentation.

Comment

Sounds like it.

Comment

Really, so it doesn't matter that the other child is older. It matters on who files for CS first? I don't want to have to get a lawyer involved, I just want to go to court and see what he is required to pay and have that as documentation.
            You can't just go to court to "see" what he is required to pay. If you go to court, a court order will be issued and he will have to pay whatever the court orders.

What do you need "documentation" for? If I'm misunderstanding you, please correct me, but it sounds like you really don't want a court order but you need to prove that he's paying CS.

You don't need an attorney to file for CS, you can file yourself or go to your state's CSE agency and they will file the papers.

Comment

Originally posted by turbowray View Post
              If you need documentation, go to a lawyer, and have him draw up papers, of the agreement that you two have. As far as the state requirements, when a parent is paying more than one child support payment, mommyof4, is very knowledgable in this area.
              Sorry Xena, I should have recommended you also for advise!!!

Comment

Working...
              X