Virginia help?is support lower in other states

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virginia help?is support lower in other states

I would like to know if Child support is lower in other states specifically MICHIGAN! My ex is moving to work for Ford up there and she will be coming back in a few months to have my support lowered from 1300+ a month to something reasonable based on her job and my job status between Jan and may. I am unemployed and am look ing for any job while I go to school full time to get a better job to support my kids in the future (college) as well as now!Can child support be heard in michigan later since thats where she will have her permanent address????Would it be better to have it heard in Virginia? I have two beautiful kids and i dont know how i will be able to afford to see them every month!I will be getting a buy-out from ford motor company but i'll be lucky if the end amount recieved after taxes is $50,000. out of $100,000!! Va and the federal government are ripping the workers off in taxes!!!! Thanks for any help or reply to my post,God bless all parents custodial or not!!!!

Originally posted by jackedinVA View Post
    I would like to know if Child support is lower in other states specifically MICHIGAN! My ex is moving to work for Ford up there and she will be coming back in a few months to have my support lowered from 1300+ a month to something reasonable based on her job and my job status between Jan and may. I am unemployed and am look ing for any job while I go to school full time to get a better job to support my kids in the future (college) as well as now!Can child support be heard in michigan later since thats where she will have her permanent address????Would it be better to have it heard in Virginia? I have two beautiful kids and i dont know how i will be able to afford to see them every month!I will be getting a buy-out from ford motor company but i'll be lucky if the end amount recieved after taxes is $50,000. out of $100,000!! Va and the federal government are ripping the workers off in taxes!!!! Thanks for any help or reply to my post,God bless all parents custodial or not!!!!
    I am gathering from your post that there is a child support order in effect and you are aking about modification, right?

If that is the case, the child support order will be modified according to the issuing state's guidelines, no matter if you have the order moved to.

***By the way, the child support order stays in the state in which the NCP resides.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by jackedinVA View Post
        If the existing order was issued in VA and you remain in VA, the order will stay in VA.

Since your ex is so agreeable to a decrease the 2 of you might be able to file to modify with a stipulated agreement. Usually a Judge will agree and sign as long as the agreement isn't outrageous. If neither of you want to actually go to court, a good compromise would be for you to pay the court ordered amount and she refunds some to you each week, that way you'll be obeying the court order and still actuallly paying less.

Comment

Working...
        X