Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiance in need Washington

So this is our sad story:

My fiance whom I have been with for almost three years has two daughters with his exgirlfriend. Well she wouldn't let him see the girls so he finally went to court hired an attorney and got visitation. So he is supposed to have them every other weekend, court ordered. But she is so jealous that we are together that she will not allow them to come over as long as I am there. She makes up excuses saying that I hit them two years ago and that the oldest daughter who is seven doesn't like me, and all this stuff so that they won't come over, we don't have enough money to continuing going to court but my fiance still gets to go over there during the week and see them as long as it is at her apartment. HELP. I am so frustrated that she won't get over herself and that she won't let me be around them. I know that they are not my kids but I still want to get to know them better, after all I plan on marrying this guy. I also get upset because I see how it affects him when he plans for them to come over, goes to pick them up and she won't let them leave. please any advice. He has taken her to court 3 times for contempt and the judge just slaps her on the hand and tells her to shape up. (figure of speech).

Originally posted by vanessa87 View Post
    So this is our sad story:

My fiance whom I have been with for almost three years has two daughters with his exgirlfriend. Well she wouldn't let him see the girls so he finally went to court hired an attorney and got visitation. So he is supposed to have them every other weekend, court ordered. But she is so jealous that we are together that she will not allow them to come over as long as I am there. She makes up excuses saying that I hit them two years ago and that the oldest daughter who is seven doesn't like me, and all this stuff so that they won't come over, we don't have enough money to continuing going to court but my fiance still gets to go over there during the week and see them as long as it is at her apartment. HELP. I am so frustrated that she won't get over herself and that she won't let me be around them. I know that they are not my kids but I still want to get to know them better, after all I plan on marrying this guy. I also get upset because I see how it affects him when he plans for them to come over, goes to pick them up and she won't let them leave. please any advice. He has taken her to court 3 times for contempt and the judge just slaps her on the hand and tells her to shape up. (figure of speech).
    Your fiance can and should file for contempt. He doesn't need an attorney to file, he can find the forms on line or at the court clerk's office. He will need proof that ex is denying the court ordered visits.

Comment

Originally posted by xena View Post
      Your fiance can and should file for contempt. He doesn't need an attorney to file, he can find the forms on line or at the court clerk's office. He will need proof that ex is denying the court ordered visits.
      Just keep filing for contempt and refile for full custody based on the repeated denials. The courts will eventually see that she needs to be taught a lesson.

Comment

Working...
      X