Need some good advice before i lose my son forver Michigan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some good advice before i lose my son forver Michigan

Hello my name is amber, I have a 1 year old son (michiael). Me ex boyfriend got him 3 weeks ago for his 1 week visitation and I never got him back, he won't answer any of my calls and if i call from a diffrent number he hangs up right away, we have not been to court yet and the only piece of paaer I have is a paper saying c)the mother has custody until determined in court or unless one of the parties sign a document. I've called the police,child support office, processcutting attorneys office, city clerk, child protective services, court house, FIA worker. I can't get a strsight answer from any body. He's trying to build a case againist me that I'm a bad mother because I have stumbled a couple of times. I have lived with a couple of friends that did not work out, I even tried to live with my youngest aunt, who I believe accpeted money from my ex to move out and make it look like i'm unstable to take care of my son. Now I live with my family in a christian home w/ 4bed. 2ahalf bath. both work and our self employed, I did lose my job but have been looking in genesee county burton area for a new part time job, I recieve assistance through the state not proud but I do. I don't do drugs very rarely drink, don't smoke,and just started going back to church. My ex 3 felonys, 3 drunk driving, suspended license and isn't eligible until 2008 that is even he can appeal for it, has been drinking since he was 16 and his father and sister our also alcohlics too. we have a domestic abuse case it's closed but there was one last year. I have no record and he has a long history of trouble behind him. What are my chances on getting my son back and what are my chances in court I'm a very honest person if anybody has any questions I will answer them completely honestly, I'm only interested in the safety and whats best for my son. even if I don't get full custody thats fine as long as I get joint and some rights to my son thats all that matters to me I believe children need their mother(fathers too) but I mother and child have a bond like no other why take that away. Is there anybody out there that can give me some hard proof advice, Totally scared mother from holly, Michigan

You stated: "the mother has custody until determined in court or unless one of the parties sign a document"

Take this document to the local police department and file a charge of parental kidnapping against your ex. He is not allowed to keep your child from you. Custody is for the courts to decide, not him. Call legal aid and get them on your case to ensure custody is done fairly. If there was a cycle of abuse, they will use every emotional trick in the book against you when really YOU have the upper hand. Having a lawyer speak for you will help because they (your ex) won't be able to play tricks...

Comment

I agree. I'm originally from Michigan. I lived in a town called Hopkins, Michigan most of my life. What town are you in? I have a cousin who married a lawyer, and I know he loves to have cases like this. He's in the Detroit area. My regular email is [email protected]
      Michelle

Comment

town

I live in Holly, But my ex lives in Pontiac so i'm thinking this will all take place in pontiac at the 1200 building of telegraph road. I'm completely scared I just read were fathers are starting to get custody my ex has a job he's self employeed but he owes back taxes verses me I have assistance through the state and I have an interview for a waitress job

Comment

Originally posted by hockenberryal View Post
          I live in Holly, But my ex lives in Pontiac so i'm thinking this will all take place in pontiac at the 1200 building of telegraph road. I'm completely scared I just read were fathers are starting to get custody my ex has a job he's self employeed but he owes back taxes verses me I have assistance through the state and I have an interview for a waitress job
          The job and money don't matter as much as the abusiveness. Did you go to the police station and file for kidnapping yet? This needs to be done ASAP, also, get the documentation that shows his history of abuse.

Comment

I Would take your ex's address of this site just because, also I feel for you... You must be torn from not having your son.... Have you took that piece of paper to the police dept in your area or his? I would he has no right to keep that child... He has to be able to prove you unfit,,,

Comment

Working...
            X