What age to stop paying child support in iowa Iowa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What age to stop paying child support in iowa Iowa

My daughter currently lives with her dad in Michigan. I'm down here in Iowa. Its a long story. But anyways, I do not pay my child support thru child support recovery, but I actually go thru our local court house in Fairfield. I was told that i would be able to stop paying when she turned 18 or when she graduated which ever came first. See the court ordered child support was done here in Iowa. But I'm nervous because I also heard that if your child is going to college, you may have to pay thru that as well. There is nothing in our papework that says anything about when I get to stop paying child support or does it say anything about when she's in college I have to continue to pay, it only says the amount. Does anyone know this?
    Thanks

Originally posted by Pogo's Mom View Post
    My daughter currently lives with her dad in Michigan. I'm down here in Iowa. Its a long story. But anyways, I do not pay my child support thru child support recovery, but I actually go thru our local court house in Fairfield. I was told that i would be able to stop paying when she turned 18 or when she graduated which ever came first. See the court ordered child support was done here in Iowa. But I'm nervous because I also heard that if your child is going to college, you may have to pay thru that as well. There is nothing in our papework that says anything about when I get to stop paying child support or does it say anything about when she's in college I have to continue to pay, it only says the amount. Does anyone know this?
    Thanks
    As long as your court order doesn't specify college, the CS should end at age 18. http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/emancipate1.php

Comment

Till college

Originally posted by Pogo's Mom View Post
      Thanks
      I learned the hard way that all the child has to do is request support for college and you will have to continue paying.
      What is veiwed is not always what is seen and
      what is heard is not always what is spoken!
      ~M. Noitall~

Comment

Working...
      X