Delaware seeking help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malteseeurodub View Post
    I think CSE should have to give the NCP a packet of paper informing them of what should happen in different cases. I had no idea what the rules and regulations are for the different circumstances.
    This IS something I agree with. During all parts of having a child, support and visitation, they should make available paperwork on how to get things done and what your rights are.

Unfortunately, cleaning up any part of our government and laws is a slow process. Do contact your local and state representatives with this information and other things that concern you, they do get around to reading their mail and e-mail and it does help when multiple people start contacting them.

Comment

Thank you very much for the website.

Comment

Originally posted by demartian View Post
        This IS something I agree with. During all parts of having a child, support and visitation, they should make available paperwork on how to get things done and what your rights are.

Unfortunately, cleaning up any part of our government and laws is a slow process. Do contact your local and state representatives with this information and other things that concern you, they do get around to reading their mail and e-mail and it does help when multiple people start contacting them.
        I agree, this is something that is one of my biggest pet peeves. Since neither party is given anything quite often neither is aware that they have the right to file to modify when circumstances change. This usually means that CP's don't learn until too late that the CS can be increased when the NCP earns huge raises, and a NCP doesn't learn until too late that they have the right to have CS lowered when they are ill, involuntay layoff or when an eldest child emancipates. A CP cannot collect for the time it should've been increased and a NCP has to pay for the time it wasn't decreased.

I've written letters to lawmakers about this problem, but so far nothing, but I keep trying and everyone else should also, nothing will get changed if we were to all do nothing.

Comment

Working...
        X