Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got the order from the District Court Judge today.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the order from the District Court Judge today.

In December I filed for a review of our order, which was by a Judicial Referee. I followed the ruled in doing it, and it paid off. The district court judge changed the pick up time to what I asked, and gave me the additional 2 weeks during the summer. She didn't even address my ex's request for review, which I think is because it basically said the judicial referee wasn't doing his job. Sunday I told my ex if he didn't give me the information about the councelor that he has been taking the girls to, that I would file for a motion for contempt. I think with this order from the judge, and that I knew what I was talking about with the out come of the order, he figured he better cooperate.

He had a personal injury lawyer working his Family law case.

I can only hope that he will get it through his head that we need to just try to work things out, because every time we have to go to court he never gets what he wants.

Today was a good day!

Thank you for the update, it is always nice to hear the good, with the bad, keep updating us, as this goes along. Good future luck with all of this! Let me know if you get the counselors notes. For sake of patient/doctor confidentiality, can the counselor really give you information, or provide it to the ex, to give to you, you may want to check into this. They may only be able to say, I saw her on this day and this day. You may want to make an appointment, with this counselor, and see what you can do to be part of the solution, for whatever they talk about during thier sessions. The counselor, will know what he/she can tell you or not.

Comment

In most parenting agreements / custody court orders there are sections that state specifically that both parents have equal access to their childs educational, medical, and pyschological records. Re-read everything you have and when you find out who this person is, unless they want to spend time and money in court for something they will not win, they will hand over the records.

So glad to hear everything went well. Keep up the good work!!!!
      Don't listen to a word I say because ya know I've gotta be crazy to be a Brown's fan.

Comment

Originally posted by turbowray View Post
        Thank you for the update, it is always nice to hear the good, with the bad, keep updating us, as this goes along. Good future luck with all of this! Let me know if you get the counselors notes. For sake of patient/doctor confidentiality, can the counselor really give you information, or provide it to the ex, to give to you, you may want to check into this. They may only be able to say, I saw her on this day and this day. You may want to make an appointment, with this counselor, and see what you can do to be part of the solution, for whatever they talk about during thier sessions. The counselor, will know what he/she can tell you or not.
        I am not really looking for her to give me information. My daughters talk to me, but she is having a hard time getting my daughters to talk to her. I want to help her to get them to open up. The problem is that the girls were made to believe they can only talk about their time with me. When I tried to encourage them to talk to the councelor about other issues they told me about, they strictly said no. Because if thier dad or his GF find out they will get into trouble.

I have a step son that sees a councelor. So as far as confidentiality goes, I know that she can't tell me what they talk about, only what goals they have if any. I know the girls are having a hard time with some things and if they can talk to someone they can trust, it can help.

Comment

Working...
        X