how to get in front of a judge for visitation Missouri

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to get in front of a judge for visitation Missouri

i live in missouri and am on disability so i have my child support pulled straight outta my check which was 603 before support and is now 340 for me to live on. so theres no way i can get a lawyer. i was wondering if theres any way to go to the courthouse myself and get in front of a judge to get court ordered visitation? is there some kinda form i need to get or what do i do? thank everyone
    i have tried calling the legal help places like legal aid but the only handle abuse and neglect cases here. so any help at all will be GREATLY appreciated
    Last edited by pokerdaddy79; 01-09-2007, 06:13 AM.

• xena
    replied
    Originally posted by pokerdaddy79 View Post
    i live in missouri and am on disability so i have my child support pulled straight outta my check which was 603 before support and is now 340 for me to live on. so theres no way i can get a lawyer. i was wondering if theres any way to go to the courthouse myself and get in front of a judge to get court ordered visitation? is there some kinda form i need to get or what do i do? thank everyone
    i have tried calling the legal help places like legal aid but the only handle abuse and neglect cases here. so any help at all will be GREATLY appreciated
    Go to the courthouse and ask the court clerk where you can get the forms to file for a modification. Often, the clerk's office will have a packet of forms that you can buy.
    It will help also if you read up on your state's CS laws and court rules. Usually they can be found on-line, do a google search or try www.govengine.com.
    Oops, sorry, forgot to add: If the state CS enforcement agency is involved in your case speak to them about them filing to modify.
    Last edited by xena; 01-09-2007, 06:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X