FATHER LIE TO JUDGE- Connecticut

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FATHER LIE TO JUDGE- Connecticut

MY DAUGTHER'S FATHER LIE TO THE JUDGE IN THE LAST COURT VIEW. HE TOLD THE JUDGE THAT HE REMODEL HIS APT. AND NOW HE HAS A BEDROOM FOR MY 6 Y/O DAUGHTER, AND THAT HE WANT MORE OVERNIGHTS WITH HER. THE JUDGE GRANT HIM EVERY TUESDAY OVERNIGHT. I WENT TO THE HOUSING DEPARTMENT AND FOIND OUT THAT HE ONLY HAVE 1 BEDROOM. IM SO ANGRY, SAD AND HURT. i WANT TO TAKE HIS VISITATION RIGHT AWAY . HE LIE TO THE JUDGE AND PUT MY LITTLE GIRL IN THE MIDDLE OF STUPID GAME AND LIES. ANYBODY WENT THRU SOMETHING SIMILAR?? I NEED ADVISE...PLEASE...IM GOING TO SEE AN ATTORNEY IN 2 DAYS , BUT IM VERY ANSIOUS NOW....HELP!!

Originally posted by yoyi67 View Post
    MY DAUGTHER'S FATHER LIE TO THE JUDGE IN THE LAST COURT VIEW. HE TOLD THE JUDGE THAT HE REMODEL HIS APT. AND NOW HE HAS A BEDROOM FOR MY 6 Y/O DAUGHTER, AND THAT HE WANT MORE OVERNIGHTS WITH HER. THE JUDGE GRANT HIM EVERY TUESDAY OVERNIGHT. I WENT TO THE HOUSING DEPARTMENT AND FOIND OUT THAT HE ONLY HAVE 1 BEDROOM. IM SO ANGRY, SAD AND HURT. i WANT TO TAKE HIS VISITATION RIGHT AWAY . HE LIE TO THE JUDGE AND PUT MY LITTLE GIRL IN THE MIDDLE OF STUPID GAME AND LIES. ANYBODY WENT THRU SOMETHING SIMILAR?? I NEED ADVISE...PLEASE...IM GOING TO SEE AN ATTORNEY IN 2 DAYS , BUT IM VERY ANSIOUS NOW....HELP!!
    Well, if you have proof that he has not provided a bedroom for your child, you could try to petition the court for a modification of the custody/visitation order. However, if it was not a specific order from the judge that he have a seperate bedroom for your child, it probably won't make a difference. There is no law that a child have his or her own bedroom.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

father lie to judge

I agree with you. We do not have an order for room for her but he base the decition on what he told the judge. I also find out that he work 3 rd shif now and that when he leave to work around 10:30 he drop my daughetr to his sister for the overnight. I just cannt believe what he do with his visitation rights.

Comment

I agree with you. We do not have an order for room for her but he base the decition on what he told the judge. I also find out that he work 3 rd shif now and that when he leave to work around 10:30 he drop my daughetr to his sister for the overnight. I just cannt believe what he do with his visitation rights.
        Get a letter, from the housing authority, that states, there is only 1 bedroom, and send it to the judge who made this decision, if he finds, that it is enough to undo his decision, then he will. It is also a federal offense to lie to a judge under oath! In the least, he can be charged with perjury.

Comment

Your daughter is sleeping seperate from him correct? Meaning in a seperate bed?

Comment

I looked and looked, in the area of a father sharing a room with the daughter and found nothing, so I do not know if there is a law against this, unless the father is sleeping naked with the child. I am not saying this is ok!! I am just saying that I tried to find something that said, if the parent was of the opposite sex, if the girl had to have a room of her own, and I found nothing. Maybe someone else can find something. Poster, let us know what the attorney says please!!

Comment

There is nothing. The law (except possibly occupancy laws in some cases) does not address how many people may share a home. The law does not dictate that a child have a room of his or her own. It only states that the child must have adequate shelter to protect her from the elements. (a place to safely sleep/live, food, water, basic necessities.)
              HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
              (unique up on him)
              (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
                There is nothing. The law (except possibly occupancy laws in some cases) does not address how many people may share a home. The law does not dictate that a child have a room of his or her own. It only states that the child must have adequate shelter to protect her from the elements. (a place to safely sleep/live, food, water, basic necessities.)
                I am a father w/ custody and was told by my attorney to make absolutly sure that my daughter does not sleep in my bed with me, she was 6 at the time but 9 years old now. He at the time explained in the eyes of the court it would be inaproperate conduct. I live in ohio. The county of Clark. I think this is just an un-written rule? I also think there is an un-written rule here too about living with a boyfriend or girlfriend if you are not married.

Comment

Originally posted by no6turn View Post
                  I am a father w/ custody and was told by my attorney to make absolutly sure that my daughter does not sleep in my bed with me, she was 6 at the time but 9 years old now. He at the time explained in the eyes of the court it would be inaproperate conduct. I live in ohio. The county of Clark. I think this is just an un-written rule? I also think there is an un-written rule here too about living with a boyfriend or girlfriend if you are not married.
                  There is a difference between the child sharing the bed (and it is NOT illegal, it just does not look "right" in court for an adult to share the bed with a child of the opposite sex. For the record, all 4 of my children slept with me until they were about 8 months old. They still do on occasion.) and the child sleeping on the couch or a pallet in another room. There is NO law that says a child must have his or her own bedroom. If there was, there would be alot of families losing there children. Nor is there a "law" about co-habitating with a person (aside from the very rarely enforced laws concerning adultery). It can be entered into the custody order that neither parent have an overnight visitor of the opposite sex while the child is present, but that goes for both parties and must be requested.

The only hope she has in this case is if the judge made it a requirement before visitation could begin OR if the judge thinks it's an egregious enough offense to modify the order. Frankly, unless she has one very conservative, strident judge, it's a long shot. If that is the biggest issue she has to deny visitation, it's very unlikely the judge will be overly concerned. She does not mention one instance of impropriety or neglect. It sounds more like she is mad that visitation was granted and is hopeful she has seized on a point that will get the judge to reconsider and deny visitation. That's NOT something the judge is going to be happy with HER about.
                  HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                  (unique up on him)
                  (same way)

Comment

Thank you, I thought I was losing my touch on finding information on subjects tee hee!

Comment

I think the 'unwritten law", is that the father does not sleep with the child, naked. I do know that people in Oregon, have been turned in for not providing proper sleeping areas (a bed, as apposed to a blanket on a hard floor.), this is not proven, just what I heard from someone who claims they were turned into CSD for this.

Comment

Originally posted by no6turn View Post
                        I am thinking that it was just sound advise, not because of a law saying that it could not be done, but to avoid accusations, of sexual abuse.

Comment

If I write to the judge wha change I get for him to take a look at my letter...

Im thinking to write a letter to the judge. Do you think he will ge the letter or im just dreaming about it.

Comment

Im thinking to write a letter to the judge. Do you think he will ge the letter or im just dreaming about it.
                            The judge will not read any letter outside the presence of you (and atty, if applicable) and the other party. To do so would be a breach of ethics.
                            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                            (unique up on him)
                            (same way)

Comment

The judge will not read any letter outside the presence of you (and atty, if applicable) and the other party. To do so would be a breach of ethics.
                              That's the way Judges are supposed to be, but unfortunately there are some that will actually read letters. The thing is that writing a letter is an excellant way to ensure that the other party has a basis for an appeal, so it would be a dumb thing for the OP to do.

OP, do not write any letters, it's okay to write what you want to say, and usually a Judge will allow you to read it during a hearing, just don't send it to the judge.

Comment

Working...
                              X