Proof of Divorce?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proof of Divorce?

If a couple was married and then divorced, would the custodial parent need to provide proof of divorce in order to get child support from the non-custodial parent?

From what you have posted, it sounds like there is no divorce or order of custody. (support, ect)

Comment

I have no idea if the divorce actually went through, but the child is living with the mother and we were told that that's enough to have the mother receive support. No custody has been established yet (if the divorce went through...), but support has been being paid through CSE.

I was told in another forum that in order for ex to get child support, she would have to show proof of divorce. Is this true? Can the CSE disclose how ex claimed the connection of her with the child's dad?

Comment

Originally posted by beenie View Post
        I have no idea if the divorce actually went through, but the child is living with the mother and we were told that that's enough to have the mother receive support. No custody has been established yet (if the divorce went through...), but support has been being paid through CSE.

I was told in another forum that in order for ex to get child support, she would have to show proof of divorce. Is this true? Can the CSE disclose how ex claimed the connection of her with the child's dad?
        I've seen women who were separated or who had the husband removed due to domestic violence receive support even though they were still legally married. Proof of divorce is not needed, proof that the child is his is all that would be needed.

Comment

Will the case worker who sends the notices from CSE be able to tell what the mother declared her relationship with the father is? Can the payer of support, in this case, the father, ask and be answered?

If she declares that they weren't married, is that fraud?

If she declared that she and the father are married or divorced, she wouldn't need to give proof? Why?

Comment

Will the case worker who sends the notices from CSE be able to tell what the mother declared her relationship with the father is? Can the payer of support, in this case, the father, ask and be answered?

If she declared that she and the father are married or divorced, she wouldn't need to give proof? Why?
            Child support is support for a child, marital status doesn't really matter.

Comment

If it doesn't matter, why does it ask in the forms to get it?

Comment

If it doesn't matter, why does it ask in the forms to get it?
                I found many references to this: Regardless of marital status, an 'assumed father' is any biological father of a child for whom paternity has been established by either the admission of the father or paternal testing. Assumed fathers are required to pay child support.

Child support can be ordered for people who were never married in the first place, so requiring divorce papers would be impossible. If they do ask marital status, it is probably just for informational purposes.

Comment

Lets keep everything on one thread to make it less confusing.

I asked "what County" and you replied "Bates".

http://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/base/welcome.do

This link is to the Missouri courts system. You put your Boyfriends name in it, and any legal dealings will show up. Arrests, warrents, divorce, order of protection, you name it. You might want to do this with an open mind. My ex filed false charges against me, and they show up here. You also might want to read what is said as an indication of the future.
                  Last edited by GotSmart; 01-01-2007, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X