Need some help in iowa Iowa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help in iowa Iowa

I'm posting this ? for my cousin. A few years back she told her 12 yr old son that his father was not his bio father. They set up arrangements to meet the father and the boy like him. Decided to stay weekends some holidays. My cousin thought everything was ok until she signed some papers that the "step mother" had drawn up unsure of what they were she signed them (yes big mistake #1) It was to give her guardianship and take away her sole custody. Ever since this the stepmother never the biological father has been telling my cousin she can have the boy this weekend or that day. But when that comes she freaks out on my cousin yelling and screaming over the phone that she is a screw up or her brothers are bad ppl so she can't have her boy. the list goes on. So my ? is this.
    How hard would it be for my cousin to get her boy back. Can the boy go and talk to a magistrate tell him his story. or is he doomed until he's 18.
    We talked last nite and since i'm the only one in this side of the family that has never been in trouble we talked about me taking him and getting him and eventually try to get him to his mom's.. I know i probably left some info . Out but anything helping this situation would be appreciated

Originally posted by vettechontheway View Post
    I'm posting this ? for my cousin. A few years back she told her 12 yr old son that his father was not his bio father. They set up arrangements to meet the father and the boy like him. Decided to stay weekends some holidays. My cousin thought everything was ok until she signed some papers that the "step mother" had drawn up unsure of what they were she signed them (yes big mistake #1) It was to give her guardianship and take away her sole custody. Ever since this the stepmother never the biological father has been telling my cousin she can have the boy this weekend or that day. But when that comes she freaks out on my cousin yelling and screaming over the phone that she is a screw up or her brothers are bad ppl so she can't have her boy. the list goes on. So my ? is this.
    How hard would it be for my cousin to get her boy back. Can the boy go and talk to a magistrate tell him his story. or is he doomed until he's 18.
    We talked last nite and since i'm the only one in this side of the family that has never been in trouble we talked about me taking him and getting him and eventually try to get him to his mom's.. I know i probably left some info . Out but anything helping this situation would be appreciated
    how did the arrangements go from weekends to change of custody....read the papers are they really giving the stepmother guardianship???is it giving your cousin visitations??depends on the circumstances....an older child is allowed to speak to the judge....

Comment

The first thing that needs to be determined is if the "papers" were actually filed and signed off on by a judge. If not, the paper is completely worthless and she needs to just go pick up her son. Once that is done, she needs to file for custody in court.

If the papers ARE legitimate, she will need to file for a custody modification or revokation of guardianship (depending on what exactly she agreed to) in court.
      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
      (unique up on him)
      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
      (same way)

Comment

i did find out that the papers where filed by the lawyer

Comment

Working...
        X