No announcement yet.

Child Support Question... Florida

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasnt saying that her family "saying" she did drugs was proof. When I reread it it sounded that way to me too, but no we have proof.
    I agree with you about not ever getting CS, youre right, we decided to wait and let the judge make the decision. We have everything going for us. The mother doesnt want to fight hard for her daughter she just wants to see her when she feels froggy. We wil stick it out and make ends meet the best we know how. I sometimes need people to bang my head upside something to get it through my head. I just cant understand how a mother could do this and I need to stop trying to understand because I never will. I guess another thing is that my husband had to pay her CS so long while we had her in our home. That is so unfair to her child and us. Plus after it was court ordered she STILL kept the checks and called CSE and told them that the checks were stolen. And as far as tell Xena about my problem, she is out of town right now, I can't or else I would have, thats why I turned to you. We just needed to know soon because of the visitation. The child is with her mother tonight so we are trying to allow all the visitation we can.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle523 View Post
      I just cant understand how a mother could do this and I need to stop trying to understand because I never will.
      I am WITH YOU on that one... I spent all day Christmas checking and re-checking my phone to see if my son's bio-father called. Nothing. Not even a hang-up. Since he didn't call 7 months ago on the child's birthday, I don't know why I expected it now. I just look at my son and think, "what kind of person doesn't want him?" It can make you crazy and break your heart.

If Mom is truly neglectful, maybe in the future you could try for a step-parent adoption? That is what we are considering on this end...

Comment

Michelle, go ahead and file for CS. I do know the whole situation, and you are correct. It shouldn't matter which parent is ordered to pay child support. The fact of the matter is that BOTH parents are responsible for supporting their child, no matter what their "personal issues".

You know what I think about this and my opinion has not changed. Be sure and let us know when your husband is granted permanent custody.
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
        (unique up on him)
        How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
        (same way)

Comment

My hubby has a daughter from a previous relationship and we have had her in our home since March 2006. He paid child support all the way til early October. He went to court in Aug and won temp custody. No child support was issued at that time. The mother was going through a lot and he knew she couldnt pay him CS so he didnt pursue it then. She had been keeping every check since March and we had the child in our care. It was finally stopped. We have never received anything from the mother since we got her in March. Not one penny, not one diaper, not one wipe. We have asked for diapers and wipes and she has promised things to us plenty of time but we never get it. Since March she still has yet to get a job or a stable home. She keeps changing homes and still no car or license either. It's getting to a point to where my husband needs CS especially since the Holidays are passing.

What he wants to know should he file for child support now or wait til the final hearing for full custody. Our lawyer wants him to wait but the lawyer dont want to wait on his money that he owes him thats for sure. The final hearing could be months away. We dont know. We heard that the judge could look at him not asking for CS (the last time he went to court) 2 ways at the final hearing..
          1) if you didnt need or ask for it then, then why do you need it now..
          or 2) respect the fact that he wanted the mother to get on her feet.
          We have heard both from very reliable sources but he is torn, because the mother is not working or trying to better herself while I am taking care of her daughter with no help from her at all. Along with my hubby of course, but I am saying to a daughter that the mother should be helping in caring for as well. My hubby has paid all his CS and with her keeping 6 months worth of CS checks that should rid him of any arrearages he may have had.

So if anyone has any advice please help. We really need it. We really have tried to be fair. Also if our lawyer doesnt want to go ahead with a CS case for now should he try and do it without him or find another attorney. Assuming that going ahead right now would be the right decision.

One last thing they had mediation and she never showed. Also the judge ordered for her to return all checks that she receive from CS back to the father and she still did not do that. She is claiming someone stole all of them and cashed them. They are fingerprinted and they have fake Social Security number and her aunts house phone number on 1 of them. She has to be the one to pursue them and she always says she is but she never does anything about it. She already rec. the fraud papers but has yet to send them in.

When they went to mediation my hubby still had to pay his part plus he has all these lawyer fees, plus not getting CS!! If the roles were reversed this wouldnt even be a question. They wouldnt have even given the man a break.
          Plus we are paying for all doctor visits. That was in the original papers that he was not responsible for. The mother was!!!

Thanks, Merry Christmas!!!
          I just had a thought- I know that the attorney doesn't want to file now, and will drop your hubby if he files pro-se, but, I wonder if it's possible for him to go thru CSE to file? The attorney might have a harder time with dropping him for using CSE for the CS, since CSE doesn't handle custody issues.
          On one hand it seems like it'd be better to wait until the final custody order, but, as you said, that could take many more months and CS is needed now. Talk it over with hubby and he can talk to CSE about the possibilty.

How did Christams visitation go?

Comment

He already tried they said they wont do it because its only a temporary order!!! Well her mom never called to get her. So we allowed the grands to get her on Christmas Day til Tuesday evening. She did visit with her those days though. They also got her tonight, and she saw her again tonight.
            Welcome back Xena, there have been some trouble makers on here and I have needed you... lol, just kidding, sorta

Comment

He already tried they said they wont do it because its only a temporary order!!! Well her mom never called to get her. So we allowed the grands to get her on Christmas Day til Tuesday evening. She did visit with her those days though. They also got her tonight, and she saw her again tonight.
              Welcome back Xena, there have been some trouble makers on here and I have needed you... lol, just kidding, sorta
              CSE workers are crazy, it IS possible to get a CS order even when the custody order is just a temp order. It's sad that they don't hesitate to get an order during a temp custody when the CP is a woman, but won't do anything for a CP who's a man.
              Unfortunately, unless he can convince his attorney to file he'll have to wait, sorry.

BTW- how's your friend doing with her situation? Hope it's going well for her.

Comment

Hey everybody, I am an 18 year old college student and i had a girlfriend who already had a child and we had been going out 6 months before we got sexually active. Somewere among the lines we realized that we wernt meant for one another. last night she called me telling me she is pregneat and that its my child, obviously until i get a dna test i cant be to sure that its mine but lets say it is mine... i dont have a job what will my payments be and what should i do somebody please help im feeling a little bit confused about all this..

Comment

Working...
                X