i have a question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have a question

when we do go to court for custody and support, does his girlfriend have to be in the room with us or can i ask that it just be me and his father in the room and have her wait outside? i dont want to seem petty to the judge about having her there, its just that she is a negative influence and has already called my kid ugly while saying her children were beautiful... i dont feel she is genuine in wanting to be a step-mom to my son, she just wants to suffer and she knows the only way she can get to me is through my son... thanks for ur advice and happy holidays!

You don't get to tell your ex who he can have with him... unless, of course, you want to grant him the same control over YOUR associates.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

I had a case like that with my fiance except mom wanted me there and she requested that I be present, otherwise girlfriend in most cases girlfriend will have to wait outside.. Good luck.. Keep us posted. Did you go down and file?

Comment

Originally posted by iwantmyson View Post
        when we do go to court for custody and support, does his girlfriend have to be in the room with us or can i ask that it just be me and his father in the room and have her wait outside? i dont want to seem petty to the judge about having her there, its just that she is a negative influence and has already called my kid ugly while saying her children were beautiful... i dont feel she is genuine in wanting to be a step-mom to my son, she just wants to suffer and she knows the only way she can get to me is through my son... thanks for ur advice and happy holidays!
        Usually the only people allowed in chambers (for hearings not held in open court rooms) are the parties, attornies, and sometimes a witness.

Comment

i did go down and file .. i just wanted to see if she HAD to be in there with us... i would rather it just be us 2 in there, after all it is OUR child, no one else was there when we created him, u know... thank u guys for all ur advice and i'll let u know what happens

Comment

Working...
          X