Question for friend Utah

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for friend Utah

I was talking on the p hone to a friend. she is a single Mom, never married and has started dating a divorced man. He says he does not have to pay child support (divorce was in Utah) because he gave the house to his wife. Has anyone ever heard of that? I think she might get snookered into a relationship with a ne'er do good. He did not work forthe past five years and is living with family in another state now.

not anything I've ever heard of, but I guess it could be possible if it was court ordered. I would advise steering clear of a man who has been capable of work and hasn't for 5 years- not a good sign

Comment

Originally posted by LaParole1 View Post
      I was talking on the phone to a friend. she is a single Mom, never married and has started dating a divorced man. .
      My number one rule about dating is to check for honesty. One lie, and gone.

He says he does not have to pay child support (divorce was in Utah) because he gave the house to his wife. .
      She should ask to see the decree.

Has anyone ever heard of that? .
      I have heard this one on Judge Judy, She did not believe it either.

I think she might get snookered into a relationship with a ne'er do good. He did not work forthe past five years and is living with family in another state now.
      How does he support himself with no job? How come he cannot have his own house? IMO that girl should start running. There are plenty of quality single men out there that will go with a single mother. Tell her to start looking for a man in Church. They are useually more respectible.

Comment

Yes, Remeber once a liar always a liar.... I would be very carefulle... Do a little more checking on this guy..

Comment

I was talking on the p hone to a friend. she is a single Mom, never married and has started dating a divorced man. He says he does not have to pay child support (divorce was in Utah) because he gave the house to his wife. Has anyone ever heard of that? I think she might get snookered into a relationship with a ne'er do good. He did not work forthe past five years and is living with family in another state now.
          As strange as it sounds, I have heard of situations like that, but it's always a situation where both parties agreed to the financiall arrangement in a settlement agreement. But, it would not be a bar to the CP ever filing for CS in the future.

He might be telling the truth, but your friend shouldn't take his word for it, she can ask to see the decree, or go to the courthouse and look at it herself. Divorce/CS, etc are all public record.

Comment

OK, my friend and the divorced man are in SD, divorce took place in Utah. She knows the wife's name. How can she "check up on him" as you suggested? She can't go to the courthouse in Utah- she's not sure where the divorce was granted in Utah.

IMO there is something not quite right with this guy. He is totally enamoured after only a few dates, and is using the child as a "Hook" I think. Keeps wanting to babysit, bring the baby along on dates. Seems quite controlling to me too-- almost smothering. I know she is craving attention and is lonely, but I already told her to shop around.

Comment

OK, my friend and the divorced man are in SD, divorce took place in Utah. She knows the wife's name. How can she "check up on him" as you suggested? She can't go to the courthouse in Utah- she's not sure where the divorce was granted in Utah.

IMO there is something not quite right with this guy. He is totally enamoured after only a few dates, and is using the child as a "Hook" I think. Keeps wanting to babysit, bring the baby along on dates. Seems quite controlling to me too-- almost smothering. I know she is craving attention and is lonely, but I already told her to shop around.
              She can try doing an on line search. Not all courts have sites where civil filings can be researched, but alot do. Unfortunately, unless she can find out the approx county or City in Utah, it'll be a tedious task to search thru every county.

Comment

If she has a doubt, she should ask him.

His reaction would tell you more than the decree would. Yes he has the right to refuse... and yes, she should run for the hills like her feet were on fire and her *** was a catchin'.

The only way I could see it being valid was if the equity in the house was more than the mother of his children expected to get out of him in child support until the children were 18. Also not a great testimonial for his earning ability.
                Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Working...
                X