take to court? Illinois

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• take to court? Illinois

My husband was sent, from the mother's attorney, the agreed order just saying that the matter was, "continued for hearing for determination of retroactive child support, health insurance, life insurance, college expenses and the like to Feb. 26, 2007 ........".
    The above was all typed, but then handwritten in was, "Parties to produce copies of 2003, 2004, & 2005 tax returns, and completed rule 13.3 affidavits." The last is just a 7 page asset disclosure statement.
    Does he need to send copies of all of this to her attorney or can he just take it all to court with him in Feb.? Since we filed joint tax returns, I went through and blacked out all of my info (income, occupation, ssn, etc) and my sons ssn's. That was what I was going to send her attorney (if you guys say I have to), and then I was just planning on taking the unaltered returns to court in case the judge wants to see them for some reason. Is that okay to do?

What, the atty wrote additional "orders" on the court order?
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

Yes, her attorney just wrote it in on the court order. He had assured us that we didn't need to fly to IL for the past court date because it was just a "status" hearing. He even wrote it in on the previous order that my husband didn't have to be there and nothing would be decided. I don't have a clue if he wrote this new info in before or after the judge signed it because we weren't there. I saw him do it in person with the previous court order, so I just thought it was commonplace in an IL courtroom.

Comment

Just to CYA, I would send the blacked out copies to the atty (but legally, you are required to abide by the official court order). Take the others with you to court. NEVER, EVER trust the opposing atty when he or she is telling you that you do not need to be in court. If your husband has a court date, he needs to be there, even if it turns out just to be a hearing for a continuance.

There are many, many horror stories of people being screwed because the other party was so "helpful".

You also need to contact the bar association (where the atty is) and inquire about his practice of adding his own orders to a court order. I can't imagine that the bar association would support that.
        Last edited by mommyof4; 12-13-2006, 07:27 AM.
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
        (unique up on him)
        How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
        (same way)

Comment

Working...
        X