Laws? Vermont Utah

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laws? Vermont Utah

Has there ever been a attempt by anyone to change the laws to benifit the children, instead of the parents?

Originally posted by mickeymouse_5472 View Post
    Has there ever been a attempt by anyone to change the laws to benifit the children, instead of the parents?
    Yes, it happens all the time. That is how laws evolve. The lawmakers write a law, then as court cases/lawsuits etc. figure out the "kinks" then bills for amendments are made and the laws are amended.

Do a google search for groups that are working on amending the laws in your state. Also, if you feel a law should be changed, write to your lawmakers about it, and ask how you can help support changing them.

Comment

Just wondering, because I was under the impression that Child Custody was supposed to be in the best interest of the child, and it seems to me that they seem to favor parents "rights" rather then the childs safty, health, and the child's all together rights. Why must a child be hurt before the parent has thier rights termenated. (Usually that doesn't even happen, then it just goes to supervised visits)
      I really dont understand how they give these estranged other parents whether it be the bioloical father or mother who has been absent outta the childrens lives for most or all, then all a sudden pop back in thier lives visitation. When the child doesnt want anything to do with them.
      Or making these women who where severley beat and or mentally abused by these men. Giving them visitation. They are just as likey to do the same to the child and or just using the children to get to the mother. How is that in the best intrest of the child? Why should a parent have to force thier child to see the other parent that the child doesnt want to see or even have anything to do with.

Comment

Originally posted by mickeymouse_5472 View Post
        Just wondering, because I was under the impression that Child Custody was supposed to be in the best interest of the child, and it seems to me that they seem to favor parents "rights" rather then the childs safty, health, and the child's all together rights. Why must a child be hurt before the parent has thier rights termenated. (Usually that doesn't even happen, then it just goes to supervised visits)
        I really dont understand how they give these estranged other parents whether it be the bioloical father or mother who has been absent outta the childrens lives for most or all, then all a sudden pop back in thier lives visitation. When the child doesnt want anything to do with them.
        Or making these women who where severley beat and or mentally abused by these men. Giving them visitation. They are just as likey to do the same to the child and or just using the children to get to the mother. How is that in the best intrest of the child? Why should a parent have to force thier child to see the other parent that the child doesnt want to see or even have anything to do with.
        Children have the right to have both parents involved in thier life. The ONLY time that it will be in a child's best interest to have no contact whatsoever with a parent is when it has been PROVEN in court that the parent presents a real physical danger to thier child. I know it's hard, but even when it can be proven that the NCP has been violent in the past toward the CP, unless it can be proven that the NCP will be violent toward the child, the most restriction might be supervised visitation.

A parent does not have to force thier child to visit- IF there isn't a court order. However, if there is a court order the parent does have to force visits, or face contempt charhes, possible jail, and possible loss of custody.

Comment

Working...
        X