Any rights at all? Tennessee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any rights at all? Tennessee

I am 16 and my mom in Mo. filed for a custody modification in Mo. where i lived for 15 years. I have lived with my dad for 1 and a half years now. The judge decided it would be best for the modification to go through courts here in Tn. But my mom has already spent all the money she can on an attorney in Mo. So the judge just flat out dismissed the case. Well i was wondering if i have any rights and if so what they are. Things havent been going all too well here at my dads house the past few weeks. Mainly just verbal aguements and me having some emotional problems from all of this. I have been seiously thinking about just leaving and either going to my moms or just staying with someone i know in Mo.So far i have been able to keep myself from going there jsut because as of right now i am supposed to be staying with my mom for christmas and i really dont want to screw things up with that. I was also wondering what would happen if when he came to pick me up after christmas if i just told him i wasnt going to leave. Or if i just flat out wasnt ther for him to pick me up.Any information and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Originally posted by blank1122 View Post
    I am 16 and my mom in Mo. filed for a custody modification in Mo. where i lived for 15 years. I have lived with my dad for 1 and a half years now. The judge decided it would be best for the modification to go through courts here in Tn. But my mom has already spent all the money she can on an attorney in Mo. So the judge just flat out dismissed the case. Well i was wondering if i have any rights and if so what they are. Things havent been going all too well here at my dads house the past few weeks. Mainly just verbal aguements and me having some emotional problems from all of this. I have been seiously thinking about just leaving and either going to my moms or just staying with someone i know in Mo.So far i have been able to keep myself from going there jsut because as of right now i am supposed to be staying with my mom for christmas and i really dont want to screw things up with that. I was also wondering what would happen if when he came to pick me up after christmas if i just told him i wasnt going to leave. Or if i just flat out wasnt ther for him to pick me up.Any information and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    I'm sorry, you've been told many times here that as a minor you don't have any rights to choose where you live. Since the court in MO ruled that jurisdiction should be in TN, your mom needs to refile for custody in TN. She does not have to have an attorney to file, it helps, but not having an attorney does not prevent her from filing.

As in your other threads, DO NOT RUNAWAY! do not go anywhere that your father hasn't given permission for you to go. If you do go, you will be totatlly ending any chance your mom has of regaining custody, you'll be brought back to your Dad's and could possibly end up in juvenile court yourself.

When you visit your mom, you HAVE TO go back to your dad when it's time.

Comment

Working...
    X