Pregnant, father doesn't now - what to do? California California

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by warriorprncss3 View Post
    I know from experience that turning a person into the police does nothing. I reported my daughter's father for carrying a weapon while he was on probation. Nothing. I called the police on him several times for harassing me. Nothing. He broke down my front door. Nothing. He's a convicted sex offender. He served probation and they cleared his record. So no, I do not advocate going to the police. They protect the criminals.
    So your advice is to become a criminal? This does not seem to be a strong course of action.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

At least if you're in the wrong you don't get punished. Don't pay your child support? Okay here's a slap on the wrist. Harass your ex? We'll warn you to stay away from her and the next time you do it we'll warn you again! Push your pregnant girlfriend in front of a car? We'll supervise you while you remove your belongings from her house and not press any charges. Kick in the door of your now ex's apartment? We'll ask you to leave the property and you still won't have to pay for the door. Threaten your ex with a gun while your on probation? We'll do absolutely nothing! The only people who end up hurt in these situations are the people doing the right thing. I know because I'm in this situation. All of these scenarios occured between my daughter's father and me. My daughter's dad is a convicted sex offender. Guess what? He served probation and went to classes so they cleared his record. Now he's dating a 16 year old and in PA that's statutory rape but even though I reported him did he get in trouble? Nope! So forget doing the right thing. It's survival of the fittest. No, I don't condone rape, murder, stealing, etc but if you're protecting yourself and your children then do whatever it takes! I'm done with this thread because you'll never understand until it happens to you and your children....

Comment

Originally posted by warriorprncss3 View Post
        At least if you're in the wrong you don't get punished. Don't pay your child support? Okay here's a slap on the wrist. Harass your ex? We'll warn you to stay away from her and the next time you do it we'll warn you again! Push your pregnant girlfriend in front of a car? We'll supervise you while you remove your belongings from her house and not press any charges. Kick in the door of your now ex's apartment? We'll ask you to leave the property and you still won't have to pay for the door. Threaten your ex with a gun while your on probation? We'll do absolutely nothing! The only people who end up hurt in these situations are the people doing the right thing. I know because I'm in this situation. All of these scenarios occured between my daughter's father and me. My daughter's dad is a convicted sex offender. Guess what? He served probation and went to classes so they cleared his record. Now he's dating a 16 year old and in PA that's statutory rape but even though I reported him did he get in trouble? Nope! So forget doing the right thing. It's survival of the fittest. No, I don't condone rape, murder, stealing, etc but if you're protecting yourself and your children then do whatever it takes! I'm done with this thread because you'll never understand until it happens to you and your children....
        I agree that you haven't had the best experience with the "system", however, that is still not an excuse to advise anyone to break the law.

My husband has been royally screwed and almost died due to the actions of biased Judges and a criminal ex. Is he (we) bitter and angry, hell yes, but does he or I ever tell people to break the law or not do what they are supposed to because of our experience? No, we don't. Instead we (mainly me) help others hopefully avoid being screwed by the system and Judges.

You are correct, children always have to be protected, but there is a wrong way and a right way to do things, and doing things the right way will 99.9% of the time work out the way it should. While doing things the wrong way will 99.9% of the time come back to haunt the person sooner or later.

Comment

Father Dosen't Know

Im sorry to hear of your situation. It is to bad that boards of any kind become a slamming opionated place for people to vent there emotions. Do what is right for you and your baby from your heart. People need to give advise in a noncritical or judgemental way. I am sorry but just take the first posters ideas and do not let anyone elses jugdemental opinion deter you from a making your choice good luck.

Comment

Info for mklh2006

I wasn't going to post anymore on your thread, but I noticed that you were logged in earlier, so I'm posting this for this reason:

ATTENTION: THESE ARE THE LEGAL REALITIES, I'm posting them so that you can never TRUTHFULLY claim that you weren't informed of the laws:

Although you deleted your posts, several of them were emailed to me, this is an exact quote of a statement you made and later deleted- " I have learned that it is NOT a crime for the woman not to tell the father of the baby. She is under no legal obligation to ever do so. Period."

You are PARTLY correct. For now that legal obligation doesn't exist, however, it could easily begin to exist in the future :

1. If you ever do need to file for CS. Obviously you will be legally required to name the TRUE biological father, if you name someone else it would be fraud and fraud is a crime.

2. If you ever need to collect public assistance of any type. You will be legally required to name the TRUE biological father. If you refuse, you and your child can be denied any benefits. If you name someone other than the true father you can be charged with fraud- both paternity and welfare. Those are both crimes.

3. If, as I said in another post, your child at ANY TIME in his/her life needs medical info from the true bio father, you will be legally obligated to bname the true father. If you refuse or name someone else you will be placing your child in grave medical danger. Guess what, that is a crime- it's called evrything from child abuse to child endangerment to possible manslaughter.

Do you get the picture now? So stop with the no legal obligation to EVER allow the father to know.
            You have now been informed, the rest of it will be up to you, the authorities and God.

Comment

Working...
            X