Legally, how many people can live in three bedroom home?? Florida

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legally, how many people can live in three bedroom home?? Florida

I have heard in the past that legally a child should have their own room by a certain age. Does it make a difference if seven people are living in a very small three bedroom home?

This is the layout of the people living in the CP's home:

-- child and CP (mother) in one bedroom
    -- CP's mom and dad in another bedroom (they own the home, CP lives at
    home with parents still)
    -- CP's brother, girlfriend, and newborn infant in the third bedroom.

It seems a little crammed to me. Can someone tell me how the courts will see it? Thank you.

Legally, there is no time that a court will say that child must have his or her own bedroom. It may be cramped, but as long as the child is not abused or neglected, there is a roof over his or her head, there is food, clothing and utilities, there is nothing illegal in this situation.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
      Legally, there is no time that a court will say that child must have his or her own bedroom. It may be cramped, but as long as the child is not abused or neglected, there is a roof over his or her head, there is food, clothing and utilities, there is nothing illegal in this situation.

So, if for instance, the father (NCP) lives on his own and can provide a 'bigger, not so cramped' living space and child's 'own' room, will he have an advantage for getting residential custody??

Comment

Not necessarily. It's not suppposed to be that you can provide a roomier home...it is a matter of what signifciant (negative) changes have occured in the child's life. A court is not going to base it's decision solely on the fact that you have a nicer home.

If the child is safe, secure, and being properly cared for a judge is not going to take custody away from the mother and disrupt the child's life.

Now, if I remember correctly, y'all had other issues. You could include this situation with everything else as more grounds for your case. But by itself, it probably wouldn't be given much weight.
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        (unique up on him)
        (same way)

Comment

Yes,

There are plenty other issues. She is just generally uncooperative with allowing visitation (which is why my bf brought her to court). I understand that his visitation is what it is, but I just can't understand why she wouldn't allow more visitation when the opportunity presents itself, much like this instance. Do you have any advice as to how my bf may be able to get more visitation in the future through court if she continues to be uncooperative? All of their conversations are done through "text messaging" because she is too childish to pick up the phone when my boyfriend calls. I think I am going to advise him to try more e-mail conversations with her, so as to prove just how uncooperative she is. He TRULY tries everything he can to be more a part of his son's life, and there are not many men who I can say that for. It just seems unfair. He really just would like equality as much as possible, not to take the child from the mother by any means. Any advise on how to prove this in court? He does file pro se, but if she continues to be this way, I imagine we will find a way to hire an attorney, but until then, any advice is helpful!! Thank you!!

Comment

Originally posted by 4thefather View Post
            Yes,

There are plenty other issues. She is just generally uncooperative with allowing visitation (which is why my bf brought her to court). I understand that his visitation is what it is, but I just can't understand why she wouldn't allow more visitation when the opportunity presents itself, much like this instance. Do you have any advice as to how my bf may be able to get more visitation in the future through court if she continues to be uncooperative? All of their conversations are done through "text messaging" because she is too childish to pick up the phone when my boyfriend calls. I think I am going to advise him to try more e-mail conversations with her, so as to prove just how uncooperative she is. He TRULY tries everything he can to be more a part of his son's life, and there are not many men who I can say that for. It just seems unfair. He really just would like equality as much as possible, not to take the child from the mother by any means. Any advise on how to prove this in court? He does file pro se, but if she continues to be this way, I imagine we will find a way to hire an attorney, but until then, any advice is helpful!! Thank you!!
            Unfortunately, mom doesn't have to allow any more visitation than what the court order allows.
            To request more visitation time your BF should file to modify the visitation order. Text messaging and/or e-mail communications are an excellant way for him to prove that mom is interfering in visitation/parenting issues.

Comment

Originally posted by xena View Post
              Unfortunately, mom doesn't have to allow any more visitation than what the court order allows.
              To request more visitation time your BF should file to modify the visitation order. Text messaging and/or e-mail communications are an excellant way for him to prove that mom is interfering in visitation/parenting issues.
              Text messages? Really??? How can I get them all saved and how would I present them?? He has had many text messages with her where she admits she is simply jealous of me being in the picture. I have just been unsure as to how I can save and present them in court. I cant imagine that you just show the judge the phone, right??

Comment

Originally posted by 4thefather View Post
                Text messages? Really??? How can I get them all saved and how would I present them?? He has had many text messages with her where she admits she is simply jealous of me being in the picture. I have just been unsure as to how I can save and present them in court. I cant imagine that you just show the judge the phone, right??
                I don't see why you couldn't show the judge the phone. Is there any way you can download the messages to your computer and then print them out?
                HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                (unique up on him)
                (same way)

Comment

I don't see why you couldn't show the judge the phone. Is there any way you can download the messages to your computer and then print them out?
                  Thank you, I don't know anything about how to save text messages- LOL, I don't even have a cell phone. I'm not very good with electronic stuff, I'm still trying to learn how this computer works.

Comment

I just figured out how to work SOME of the functions on my phone. I got one that had way more than I needed because I needed a phone that could produce pictures that were a good enough quality to print out.

4thefather, does the phone have blue tooth or email capabilities? If so, send the messages to your email addy.
                    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                    (unique up on him)
                    (same way)

Comment

I just figured out how to work SOME of the functions on my phone. I got one that had way more than I needed because I needed a phone that could produce pictures that were a good enough quality to print out.

4thefather, does the phone have blue tooth or email capabilities? If so, send the messages to your email addy.

It has an option where it seems you could send the texts to an email address..but it didn't work I am not sure why not. But maybe I'll just try to tell him to only message her on email or instant messaging. It has worked in the past before she got a cell phone, and I have records of a LOT of e-mails between the two. We never presented them in court, because I think my boyfriend wanted to give her a chance to change (wishful thinking, to say the least). But now, I think we will just continue to build on what we have already. Thank you all for the help!! I will keep everyone updated!!
                      Last edited by 4thefather; 12-06-2006, 06:48 PM. Reason: spelling :-)

Comment

Now I am going to have to figure out how to get messages from my phone to my email. If I figure it out (so not technically savvy, here), I'll let you know. I KNOW my instruction booklet is around here somewhere....
                        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                        (unique up on him)
                        (same way)

Comment

Now I am going to have to figure out how to get messages from my phone to my email. If I figure it out (so not technically savvy, here), I'll let you know. I KNOW my instruction booklet is around here somewhere....
                          haha. thank you :-)

Comment

Working...
                          X