Does NCP have a right to pick child up from Daycare early?? Florida

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by demartian View Post
    Some courts still allow e-mail. Judges and Attorneys alike don't realize how easily they can be edited and changed and made to look like they came from one source or another. The courts are still catching up with the electronic age and although they usually allow this evidence, if the party to which the evidence is being used against disagrees with its content or claims it was never sent, the side using that evidence will need proof that it is real and that is really tough to do on a normal computer system.

Running a packet capture or IDS package in the background will have all of the computer conversation elements necessary to show where and when the mail came from and its original content.

This is pretty nifty to say the least! I never knew about a free downloadable packet capture! Do you know specifically how to use this program? Like how you were saying to customize it to only capturing e-mail conversations to reduce the traffic it captures?

Comment

Originally posted by 4thefather View Post
      This is pretty nifty to say the least! I never knew about a free downloadable packet capture! Do you know specifically how to use this program? Like how you were saying to customize it to only capturing e-mail conversations to reduce the traffic it captures?
      If you know the IP address of the e-mail server, you can enter a filter for that or by the TCP port it uses, no one uses default ports anymore, so it's difficult to say for sure without looking at some of the traffic.

The easy way would be to turn it on before opening the e-mail application and shutting it off after you close the e-mail application and not web-surfing or mix other internet activities during that e-mail time.

Comment

Originally posted by demartian View Post
        If you know the IP address of the e-mail server, you can enter a filter for that or by the TCP port it uses, no one uses default ports anymore, so it's difficult to say for sure without looking at some of the traffic.

The easy way would be to turn it on before opening the e-mail application and shutting it off after you close the e-mail application and not web-surfing or mix other internet activities during that e-mail time.

Great, I think I'll use the latter of the two. Thank you for your help! Better safe than sorry!

Comment

Working...
        X