Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

18 years no childsupport/verbal agreement...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 years no childsupport/verbal agreement...

Was wondering if someone could answer this ? for me, I had a verbal agreement with my sons father 18 years ago, that he was to put money aside every month instead of paying child support, i agreed to this, figured it would be better for my son to have the money to go to school when he turned 18, now he is 18 and his father did not put the money away? it is gone to court but i am wondering will my son be entitled to any monies now? he now denies that he owns my son, but i have photos, letters ect from him with my son... do anyone know or had this situation that can answer that for me????

The only thing thatI could say is that when i went to court and we had some she said/he said comments, the judge said if it isn't written down it doesn't mean anything. Sorry about this... maybe your judge won't be so mean...

Amy

Comment

thanks amy

so it was a hesaid shesaid situation, i hope to god that dont happen in my sons case, i had a lawyer do up all the paper work ect, i think that the court will know exaclty what my sons father was up too, i think they will knwo that he was lieing.... i hope so anyway, thanks for the reply....

Comment

Originally posted by goodson View Post
        so it was a hesaid shesaid situation, i hope to god that dont happen in my sons case, i had a lawyer do up all the paper work ect, i think that the court will know exaclty what my sons father was up too, i think they will knwo that he was lieing.... i hope so anyway, thanks for the reply....
        You applied for CS now, correct? Depending on what your state's statute of limitations is, it's very possible to get an award for SOME back CS, but it's doubtful that you'll be awarded 18 yrs worth. But starnger things have happened, so go for it.

Comment

thanks xena....

yes i have now filed for child support, i have also sent the photos, letters, cards ect to the courts, I dont care how much he gets in child support as long as it is something... i dont want my stupidity to hurt my son in a way that he wont get what he so much deserves....his father has lied now to the courts in a letter stating he has never had nor had a relatioship, that is a total lie, i have documentation stating and showing others, so i hope that they will nail his *** and get my son what he was suppose to put away for him....

thanks

Comment

Working...
          X