Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long question, sorry.

Sorry, but this might be fairly long.

My ex-wife and I got devorced 7 years ago. I was in the military and overseas most of our marrage. We had 2 boys together. I have been remaried for 4 years and have 2 girls with my current wife. For the past 7 years I have been trying to prove to the courts that my boys were in a very bad envrioment. I have numerous police reports of domestic violence between my ex-wife and her husband. I also have numerous reports from the Department of Family Services saying that the house is unfit for the children. But they were NEVER removed at that time. I did and do not have the funds for a attorney. So studied the law and filed the motions myself. I kept it in front of the court. In Janurary of 2006 my ex-wife got in trouble with meth. My boys told their teachers that their Mom had gotten arrested and the teachers told me. I was in Wyoming and they were in Colorado. (Colorado is the court I have to go threw for now). I went down to My ex-wife's court hearing and the Magistrate gave me "temporary" custody. Since then I have taken this to the original Devorce case and had it changed to me beeing the "Primary costodial parent". About 4 months ago I moved to Alaska because of my job, and she did try to fight that. She did not win. Now she has visitation with them over Christmas. I really don't mind them having a relationship with thier Mother. But my oldest son (he is 11) came to me out of the blue last night and was crying that he did not want to go to his Moms house becaue he "was afraid". (They were phisically abused also.) So what do I do now? And I really don't get the feeling he is bluffing.

Originally posted by specwar92727 View Post
    Sorry, but this might be fairly long.

My ex-wife and I got devorced 7 years ago. I was in the military and overseas most of our marrage. We had 2 boys together. I have been remaried for 4 years and have 2 girls with my current wife. For the past 7 years I have been trying to prove to the courts that my boys were in a very bad envrioment. I have numerous police reports of domestic violence between my ex-wife and her husband. I also have numerous reports from the Department of Family Services saying that the house is unfit for the children. But they were NEVER removed at that time. I did and do not have the funds for a attorney. So studied the law and filed the motions myself. I kept it in front of the court. In Janurary of 2006 my ex-wife got in trouble with meth. My boys told their teachers that their Mom had gotten arrested and the teachers told me. I was in Wyoming and they were in Colorado. (Colorado is the court I have to go threw for now). I went down to My ex-wife's court hearing and the Magistrate gave me "temporary" custody. Since then I have taken this to the original Devorce case and had it changed to me beeing the "Primary costodial parent". About 4 months ago I moved to Alaska because of my job, and she did try to fight that. She did not win. Now she has visitation with them over Christmas. I really don't mind them having a relationship with thier Mother. But my oldest son (he is 11) came to me out of the blue last night and was crying that he did not want to go to his Moms house becaue he "was afraid". (They were phisically abused also.) So what do I do now? And I really don't get the feeling he is bluffing.
    You'll have to file to modify the vistation order. Since it probably won't be heard until after Christmas you can also file a motion asking for a yemp order until the final hearing.

Comment

Working...
    X