who pays for transportation South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who pays for transportation South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee

I have 3 kids that will be visiting there dad for Christmas. He lives in Pa. He wants me to pay their airfare back to SC. Do I have any obligation here? Nothing is stated in our agreement. He agreed to me moving here as part our divorce agreement. All court matters were done in PA. He makes triple my income and i barely get by as it is.
    Thanks,

I can't believe that you move the children that far away from their father and don't have a plan in place to ensure that they see him, you should be providing all of the transport, if he is offering half- you should take it and be happy
    http://www.gestaltmediation.com/

Comment

As you are the one that moved away (granted, with his agreement) it is up to you to make sure that the custody/visitation order is abided by. I agree...he *could* make you pay for all transportation costs. While it may not be in the order that you pay any part of the costs, it is not in the order that he does so, either.

His request is NOT unreasonable and I can almost guarantee that if he takes you back to court over this issue, the judge will tell you the same thing.
      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
      (unique up on him)
      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
      (same way)

Comment

I understand your replies. If you new the whole story you may feel differently but I have been raped and pillaged by this "man" for years trying to get away from him. So pardon me for not wanting to go all out and putting myself in debt in order for him to pick his children up at the airport and then drop them off at his parents until its time to go home. Visitation? yeah ok. I was just looking to see what was the norm.
        Thanks anyway.

Comment

the children still deserve both parents, regardless of each of your decisions regarding where to live or what kind of job you have....you just can't arbitrarily cut him out of the kids lives like that because you hate him

one creative alternative would be for the kids to live with dad and he could pay all of the transport for the kids to visit you?
          http://www.gestaltmediation.com/

Comment

The norm is for the travel costs to be split evenly. Unless there is an incredibly unusual circumstance, the parent that does NOT create the distance is not ordered to pay all travel costs. Why should he or she? He or she did not create the problem.

Your personal problems with your ex in no way negate the fact that your children have a right to have a relationship with their father. How he wants to conduct that relationship (provided it involves no illegalities) is up to him and the children.
            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
            How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
            (unique up on him)
            How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
            (same way)

Comment

Working...
            X