Father's Rights? Florida

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father's Rights? Florida

We are having a problem and I am looking for a bit of advice. My son has hired a lawyer to help with his daughters custody, and the papers were filed in court yesterday we find out last night the mother has grabbed child and fled the state of Florida, she is calling us from NC. Yes he signed the birth certificate at the time of birth. We want to know if the judge will grant the temp custody order, and/or order the mother to return the child to Florida?

very likely to at least order her to return to fl with the child....but this really should be handled by a lawyer as one small technical error could make a big difference- but do get on this immediately
    http://www.gestaltmediation.com/

Comment

New info

Originally posted by MomofMany View Post
      We are having a problem and I am looking for a bit of advice. My son has hired a lawyer to help with his daughters custody, and the papers were filed in court yesterday we find out last night the mother has grabbed child and fled the state of Florida, she is calling us from NC. Yes he signed the birth certificate at the time of birth. We want to know if the judge will grant the temp custody order, and/or order the mother to return the child to Florida?
      Ok the injunction was denied because the lawyer was misinformed about the mothers state status, but we do have a lawyer and our court date has now been moved from after christmas to dec. 11th what happens if they cant serve her with the papers?

Comment

Often when one person leaves with out a forwarding address, the courts have a sort of back up system. They will alllow the person to be served via certified mail to the last known address and publication of a legal notice in the newspaper in the town where the paernt use to live and also where they are believed to live. You should consult your atty about the specific way it is done in Florida. In the meantime, remember that it always helpful to stay in contact (or your son to stay in contact) with the mom or her family as much as possible.
        (also remember that phone numbers that show up on the caller ID are not always accurate indicators of what state a person is actually in... in todays age of cell phones and calling cards it is quite easy to be in one place and "call" from half way across the country according to the phone number that shows up on the Caller Id)

Comment

Working...
        X