modification of custody Tennessee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modification of custody Tennessee

I have filed for a modification of custody (my ex has our son, who is 11), will it help my case that my ex's home is facing foreclosure? Would this not represent significant change of circumstance? I pay child support, so it's not my fault he can't pay his house payment.

Not if he has another place to live that is in the general area of the other home and is fit for a child. (That does not mean that it has to be a home as nice or nicer than the one he was living in).
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by jlynne94 View Post
      I have filed for a modification of custody (my ex has our son, who is 11), will it help my case that my ex's home is facing foreclosure? Would this not represent significant change of circumstance? I pay child support, so it's not my fault he can't pay his house payment.
      Generally, financial problems do not render any parent unfit for custody. I doubt that foreclosure would be considered to be a legal change of circumstances for custody purposes.

Also, has a foreclosure actually been filed yet?
      Even if it has, until there is a final judgement, the homeowner always has the right to pay the accrued costs and stop the foreclosure.

Comment

Working...
      X