Child custody

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child custody

My husband has an eleven year old child who lives with his mother. They were never married and he didn't find out he had a child unitl the child was three. Since that time he has seen the child maybe 10 times at the most. Well my husbands mother found out the child stays home alone at nightime, not sure if this is all night or just till a certain hour due to the fact his mother works 1 minute away at a hospital. My husband and his mother thinks he can just get custody of the child no problem. I don't believe this to be true but not sure! Someone Help!
    Last edited by stephanie1978; 11-26-2006, 10:56 AM.

Originally posted by stephanie1978 View Post
    My husband has an eleven year old child who lives with his mother. They were never married and he didn't find out he had a child unitl the child was three. Since that time he has seen the child maybe 10 times at the most. Well my husbands mother found out the child stays home alone at nightime, not sure if this is all night or just till a certain hour due to the fact his mother works 1 minute away at a hospital. My husband and his mother thinks he can just get custody of the child no problem. I don't believe this to be true but not sure! Someone Help!
    Is your husband the legal father?
    Is there a CS order?
    Is there a visitation order?
    When was the last two times that he saw his son?
    Does he call or contact his son on a regular basis?

Comment

Child custody Home alone issue Please Help!!!!!!!!

My husband is the legal father. He does have visitation rights. He saw him at easter and then not again until Thanksgiving. He calls maybe 3-5 a month.

Comment

Originally posted by stephanie1978 View Post
        My husband is the legal father. He does have visitation rights. He saw him at easter and then not again until Thanksgiving. He calls maybe 3-5 a month.
        Is there a large distance between where you are and where hubby's child lives that would account for his lack of regular in person visits?

It's kinda iffy about getting custody, on one hand leaving an 11 yr old home alone isn't good. but on the other hand the mother is quite close by. So it's really difficult to guess what a Judge might decide. The best thing your husband can do right now is to get a consult with a family law attorney who can explain his options more fully. He can get a 30 minute consult for $25 by calling the Fl bar referrall service ar 1-800-342-8011.

Comment

Working...
        X