Gparents rights in Ms Mississippi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gparents rights in Ms Mississippi

If the parents are living, and suitable parents, can the grandparents sue for visitation? We believe their living situation is not healthy for kids and therefore they should not visit.

I understand every word you used, but I don't understand the sentence.

Can you restate it, please?
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Restate

I am the mother of two children. They are both doing good in school and home. I am a good mom. Their father and I divorced a few years ago. They still have contact with him. I have remarried, the children are crazy about their stepfather. I have sole custody of the kids. Me, their natural father and step father all believe that the children should have no more contact with my parents. My parents are manipulative and not a good influence on the kids.

Can my parents sud for visitation rights, since I am not allowing them to see the kids?

Comment

kidnapping

What about if the grandparents take the kids from school, or another relative? A situation like that almost happened here. I went to the police adn was told that they did not like to intervene in family squabbles.

Comment

Originally posted by catherine001 View Post
          What about if the grandparents take the kids from school, or another relative? A situation like that almost happened here. I went to the police adn was told that they did not like to intervene in family squabbles.
          Tell the school that the grandparents are not, repeat not, allowed to remove the children from school or to pick them up. Schools are very cautious about getting involved in legal issues and will help.

As for another relative, don't allow your children to be unsupervised at any relative that will turn the kids over to your parents.

Finally, have a heart to heart with mom and dad. Make it clear that you are cutting off contact and are willing to pursue legal means to do so... up to and including a restraining order if they continue to try to remove the children from school or any other place without your permission. Be prepared to burn this bridge... because it will be completely and utterly burnt after this little chat.
          Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Working...
          X