Question about possible abusive father Utah

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about possible abusive father Utah

Am I wrong for trying to keep my baby away from his father?
    Before I knew I was pregnant I took my 2 yr old niece to Disneyland. It was suposed to be a family vacation, but my sister wasnt able to make it, but she still let me take my niece. Since I had already paid for the whole thing I invited my Boyfriend with me. While we were there he was totally jealous of my niece the whole time. He constantly complained, about her and threatened several times to spank her. Although I told him that he was not allowed to touch her. She was actually really well behaved for a two year old who was missing most her naps due to running around all day at Dianeyland and Sea World ect. At night she would cry for her mom sometimes, and he would get up set with her and when I would comfort her and distract her from this point he would get mad at me. (He would even try to manipulate me, into pittying him because I was with my niece all the time instead of catering to him) He also cussed her and I out several times. This was a new side of him I had never seen. On the last day we were at Disneyland we were waiting for Fastamic to start, I left to go to the BR which was a distance away from where we were at. I asked my niece if she wanted to go to the bathroom with me and she said no. She was playing on a wall overlooking the water. When I got back she was crying and had marks on her. He told me that she had fallen off the wall. I just cuddled her and we watched the show, then went home. We ended up fighting most of the trip and all the way home. As soon as I got back I broke up with him and kicked him outta my house. About a week later my niece told me that he had hit her several times. When I recalled the night then she did have red marks on her face. He completly denied ever hitting her, when I asked him.
    3 weeks later I found out I was pregnant. I did try to contact him and he refused to talk to me or anyone else who talk to me. Now that I have had my son and read all this stuff about fathers comming back and getting custody of their kids this scares me. (I dont mind the father seeing my son when he is older, but I want it to be on my sons terms and supervised, because I don't trust him.)

Am I wrong to keep my son from his father? I get alot of critisium about me not of telling the father he has a baby.
    Last edited by mickeymouse_5472; 11-15-2006, 09:17 PM.

Originally posted by mickeymouse_5472 View Post
    Am I wrong for trying to keep my baby away from his father?
    Before I knew I was pregnant I took my 2 yr old niece to Disneyland. It was suposed to be a family vacation, but my sister wasnt able to make it, but she still let me take my niece. Since I had already paid for the whole thing I invited my Boyfriend with me. While we were there he was totally jealous of my niece the whole time. He constantly complained, about her and threatened several times to spank her. Although I told him that he was not allowed to touch her. She was actually really well behaved for a two year old who was missing most her naps due to running around all day at Dianeyland and Sea World ect. At night she would cry for her mom sometimes, and he would get up set with her and when I would comfort her and distract her from this point he would get mad at me. (He would even try to manipulate me, into pittying him because I was with my niece all the time instead of catering to him) He also cussed her and I out several times. This was a new side of him I had never seen. On the last day we were at Disneyland we were waiting for Fastamic to start, I left to go to the BR which was a distance away from where we were at. I asked my niece if she wanted to go to the bathroom with me and she said no. She was playing on a wall overlooking the water. When I got back she was crying and had marks on her. He told me that she had fallen off the wall. I just cuddled her and we watched the show, then went home. We ended up fighting most of the trip and all the way home. As soon as I got back I broke up with him and kicked him outta my house. About a week later my niece told me that he had hit her several times. When I recalled the night then she did have red marks on her face. He completly denied ever hitting her, when I asked him.
    3 weeks later I found out I was pregnant. I did try to contact him and he refused to talk to me or anyone else who talk to me. Now that I have had my son and read all this stuff about fathers comming back and getting custody of their kids this scares me. (I dont mind the father seeing my son when he is older, but I want it to be on my sons terms and supervised, because I don't trust him.)

Am I wrong to keep my son from his father? I get alot of critisium about me not of telling the father he has a baby.
    Until your ex actually files for visitation you do not have any legal obligation to allow visits. If he ever does file just ask the court to order parenting classes and possibly supervised visitation. In order to have the court order supervision you'll need to PROVE that he is a danger to his child. You'll need any police reports involving any violence by him and/or witnesses who can testify that they SAW him abuse a child.

For the time being don't worry about it, it sounds like he isn't going to file at this point so just wait and see what he does.

Comment

Working...
    X