curious to know

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• curious to know

I have two questions. First, is there a way to calculate child support for the state of TN? Second, how important is it for the father's name to be on the birth certificate? I have a 3 year old daughter and was wondering if anything happened to him, would she be entitled to his benefits if his name was not on the birth certificate. We have established paternity. Please let me know. Thanks. I love this site and the knowledgable people.

Originally posted by preciuos View Post
    I have two questions. First, is there a way to calculate child support for the state of TN? Second, how important is it for the father's name to be on the birth certificate? I have a 3 year old daughter and was wondering if anything happened to him, would she be entitled to his benefits if his name was not on the birth certificate. We have established paternity. Please let me know. Thanks. I love this site and the knowledgable people.
    You should be able to find a TN calculator at www.supportguidelines.com.

The name on the BC isn't that important, was is important is for the father to be made the legal father by either court order or him signing an affidavit of paternity. How have you established paternity? If it wasn't thru one of the 2 ways I listed he is NOT the legal father and your daughter cannot recieve SS benefits.

Comment

Try to use http://www.alllaw.com/calculators/Childsupport/

Comment

Originally posted by Steven1 View Post
        That's the site I was trying to remember but all I could recall is the one I posted. This time I'm making a note of it so thanks for posting the link- that site does have better calculators that the other one.

Comment

for a specific state, just type the full name of your state after the last back slash.

www.alllaw.com/calculators/Childsupport/Tennessee
          HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
          How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
          (unique up on him)
          How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
          (same way)

Comment

Working...
          X