Child Support Alabama

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Support Alabama

This is my first time here but I am about to go insane with baby momma drama

My boyfriend of almost 4 years got a girl pregnant about a month before we started going out. She didnt tell us about the baby, we found out about 6 months into the pregnancy from her older sister. She didn't call us when the baby was born and my boyfriend went to see the baby when she came home. Well he saw her weekly and tried his best to help out, since he was only 19 at the time. The baby doesnt have his last name and my boyfriend's name is not on the birth certificate. We have always tried our best to help out, but with credit card debt, college loans, and regular expenses, I hate to say there are times we cant give money. We have given her food and clothes and money throughout the past. Now the mother is getting greedy. She had no job, lives in the housing projects with her sister, there is a total of 3 people ages 19 to 22 and 4 children ages 1 to 7 living in their 2 bedroom house. When we get the little girl shes always covered in dirt and smells. I have to clean out her ears cause they havent been cleaned since the last time we got her. We have had some real problems with money lately and havent been able to give her the money and shes starting to ask for outrageous amounts. On the baby's birthday she asked for 140 dollars one week for inflatable jumpy things... she wanted 2. So we gave her 60 dollars since we didnt have enough. The next week she calls and asked for 100 for decorations. Since it had been a little while since we had been able to give her cash, we gave her the 100.

Then 2 weeks later she calls and asks for 100 dollars for a new pair of tennis shoes. I bought 2 pairs for 27 dollars and dropped them off. Well we now its November and we were looking at stuff to buy her and her mother is calling us wanting cash. My boyfriend told her we are going to buy her Christmas presents like we have the last couple years and he can give her some money but not the kind she is asking for. She says she doesnt want us to give her presents she wants cash so she can buy it.

Im frankly tired of this uncaring mother. I love her daughter to death but I know if she ever takes us to court the clothes, food, etc will be known as gifts. If he makes around 350 a week, how much child support should we give until she finally goes to court. I dont want to have to pay back child support, cause i know shell lie about it

Jenny

www.alllaw.com/calculators/Childsupport/alabama

Here's a link to a child support calculator for Alabama.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by Jenbest03 View Post
      This is my first time here but I am about to go insane with baby momma drama

My boyfriend of almost 4 years got a girl pregnant about a month before we started going out. She didnt tell us about the baby, we found out about 6 months into the pregnancy from her older sister. She didn't call us when the baby was born and my boyfriend went to see the baby when she came home. Well he saw her weekly and tried his best to help out, since he was only 19 at the time. The baby doesnt have his last name and my boyfriend's name is not on the birth certificate. We have always tried our best to help out, but with credit card debt, college loans, and regular expenses, I hate to say there are times we cant give money. We have given her food and clothes and money throughout the past. Now the mother is getting greedy. She had no job, lives in the housing projects with her sister, there is a total of 3 people ages 19 to 22 and 4 children ages 1 to 7 living in their 2 bedroom house. When we get the little girl shes always covered in dirt and smells. I have to clean out her ears cause they havent been cleaned since the last time we got her. We have had some real problems with money lately and havent been able to give her the money and shes starting to ask for outrageous amounts. On the baby's birthday she asked for 140 dollars one week for inflatable jumpy things... she wanted 2. So we gave her 60 dollars since we didnt have enough. The next week she calls and asked for 100 for decorations. Since it had been a little while since we had been able to give her cash, we gave her the 100.

Then 2 weeks later she calls and asks for 100 dollars for a new pair of tennis shoes. I bought 2 pairs for 27 dollars and dropped them off. Well we now its November and we were looking at stuff to buy her and her mother is calling us wanting cash. My boyfriend told her we are going to buy her Christmas presents like we have the last couple years and he can give her some money but not the kind she is asking for. She says she doesnt want us to give her presents she wants cash so she can buy it.

Im frankly tired of this uncaring mother. I love her daughter to death but I know if she ever takes us to court the clothes, food, etc will be known as gifts. If he makes around 350 a week, how much child support should we give until she finally goes to court. I dont want to have to pay back child support, cause i know shell lie about it

Jenny
      There is only one way to prevent the possibilty of him not recieving credit for payments made before the mom taking him to court: Your BF needs to file for paternity, CS and visitation himself. He should not wait because as you know, anything paid without a court order will be considered a gift and he'll end up paying twice. He should request the court to order a DNA test, he should also make sure to file for visitation because that is seperate from CS.

Comment

Working...
      X