Not sure how to handle Pennsylvania

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure how to handle Pennsylvania

Ok here it is. Some of you are aware of our custody case going on right now but here is the problem.

We have recently discovered my SD has a myspace page. She has it in the public listing and has herself listed as being 21. I have been able to print out a lot of stuff that we actually hurt her mothers case pretty bad. But the person she portrays herself to be is not the same gurl we know. She is acting like a down right THUG!!! We have also come to realize she has even less supervision than we even imagined. There are pictures of her smoking, seductive pics and more....

I have been able to access her account and view msg's between her and her friends and she is going to get herself into some real trouble. One gurl is threatening to take some threatening posts to the cops.

When she came over yesterday we told her that a girl called that house and told us that she was about to get herself into some real trouble but we did not know who it was(so she doesn't know that we know about the myspace) and that if anything was going on she should tell us. She acted like the victom of the whole mess when we know that she is by no means a victom.

Anyway should we just tell her we know or continue as planned and let it be a suprise for the final hearing on Dec 7.

Just unsure if the decision we made was a right one. Let me know what you would do.
    Last edited by stepmom33; 11-11-2006, 05:02 AM.
    Not an expert just stating what I know from experience and or moral standings

Hearing is over

Well we had our hearing Dec 7. Mom denied everything she has ever done. Put on the boo hoo act with I am just trying to be the best I can be for the kids. She said that she was never shown the DNA test that we had done 6 years ago. Said that she tried to get the child support issue fixed but DR told her there was nothing she could do. Said that my SD has out grown her adenoid prob from last year. Has out grown her nose bleeds(had one last 2 weeks ago here). Has out grown her allergies and asthma. But yet had no evidence other than her word to back it up. As a matter of fact she had no evidence at all just her word. She denied half the men who lived in her house. Thank GOD that the kids told the truth and said they did. She was caught in quite a few lies so which she tried to cover with tears. And the reason she gave why we are going to court.....she said I am trying to take her daughter from her and replace her. She actually told the hearing officer that I force my SD to talk to me and have a relationship with me. I pray to God that they see through her b/c my SD has made arrangements to spend the night with a boy in 2 weeks and we know about it. I think my husband will loose his mind that weekend just wondering if its happening. She's only 12. Oh and the reason that my SD gets such bad grades is b/c of the custody thing. What about last year???? And she went on and on about how the Catholic Church is her savior. She even shared with the court that she went to counciling b/c she was mentally unstable and she decided that she didn't need to go anymore after 6 months b/c she felt she was better. I thought her lawyer was going to pop a gaskit.
    Well its in Gods hands now. They will mail us the decision in a about a week.

Comment

If you get custody, cut out the Myspace. When she is 18, she can do that. My 15 and 17 year old girls do not have that privelage.

http://www.pamstenzel.com/

Go to this site, and invest in the cd to show to your SD. I saw Pam in person, and she will SCARE that girl straight.

Nothing like a dose of reality not from a parent to make a kid think.

You are in my prayers.

Comment

Decision is in!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to let everyone know that has been following our case that we received the new custody order from the judge........
        We were trying to get joint cusody.....
        We were awarded FULL CUSTODY!!!!!!!!!!!

We are still in shock but this was the best Christmas present we could ever have asked for.

Merry Christmas everyone and a very happy New Year!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stepmom33 View Post
          Just wanted to let everyone know that has been following our case that we received the new custody order from the judge........

We are still in shock but this was the best Christmas present we could ever have asked for.

That is the best news I have heard all week... and it has been a pretty great week!

I know it is not easy... parenting never is... but I know the kids are in a far better place than they used to be...

Merry Christmas!
          Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

That is indeed wonderful news.

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Lord knows you deserve it!

Comment

how can i top that?

!
              cool! i guess you wouldnt be interested in a trip to beautiful, downtown cicero, illinois?

Comment

i hope all will be well but by experience that girl is going to take you all through it so be strong.

Comment

Originally posted by tenant&landlord View Post
                  i hope all will be well but by experience that girl is going to take you all through it so be strong.
                  Thanks I am sure that it won't be easy. But for some reason her and I have always had a bond that I would have never expected. As a matter of fact It is like that with all 3 of the girls. We talk. We have dinner every night together at the table. Also very important. I did not open up to my mother the way that my kids do to me. I am honest and tell them what I feel not what they want to hear. I also very rarely give the because I said so line. They respect me for that. If I don't want them to do something or hang out with someone I tell them and there is always a legitamate reason behind it.

Comment

This generation is much more open with their feelings, and therfor subject to getting hurt by the boys. I hope you got that DVD I recomended. With girls, you will need it.

Congradulations on the victory, now comes the war with the boys!

The past 4 years with my daughters are ones I would not have traded for anything.

Comment

Thanks Got!! I did show my husband your post. He and I discussed it and we will be getting the DVD. Thank you for the recomendation.

Comment

Congratulations to your family. I'm so glad it worked out for y'all. Now, strap on your helmets and buckle in.
                        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                        How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
                        (unique up on him)
                        How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
                        (same way)

Comment

Appeal!!!

Well of course my SD's Mom is filing and appeal to the order. She fired her lawyer and got a new one. So here we go again. Just out of curiosity. When an appeal is filed does that mean we go back to court or that the evidence is reviewed??? Also, it was ordered that we recieve a copy of SD's birth certificate within 10 days. Today is 10 days and no Birth certif. I would think that does not look good for her either.....and the saga continues.

Comment

Well of course my SD's Mom is filing and appeal to the order. She fired her lawyer and got a new one. So here we go again. Just out of curiosity. When an appeal is filed does that mean we go back to court or that the evidence is reviewed??? Also, it was ordered that we recieve a copy of SD's birth certificate within 10 days. Today is 10 days and no Birth certif. I would think that does not look good for her either.....and the saga continues.
                            You need to receive a copy of the birth certificate from the mother? We went online and ordered official copies of my son's birth certificate for his adoption process. I think it was $7.

Comment

Originally posted by demartian View Post
                              You need to receive a copy of the birth certificate from the mother? We went online and ordered official copies of my son's birth certificate for his adoption process. I think it was $7.
                              Well being that my husband was just awarded custody and it being the holidays and his name is not on the birth certif to begin with(you need to read the whole story). The judge ordered a copy to be given to us until all correction are made that need to be made. She was supposed to do that 9 months ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X