Deny Visitation Ohio Help Ohio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deny Visitation Ohio Help Ohio

If the mother files for child support can she deny visitation? She said she is going to fight in court to deny me visitation because she has to breast feed and the child cannot be away from her. Our daughter is only 6 days old. During her pregancy, the mother and I did not get along at all, she said that she is going to show the courts the nasty emails I sent her to deny the visitation. The emails were nasty, because she would not let me be involved during her pregnacy, I just wanted to be supportative and helpful, she said I needed to go see a p-trist which I did, and had mental exams on me. I am a good person, a full-time job, own a house, never been in trouble with the law, and never had a speeding ticket. Doesnt Ohio want the father to be invovlved in their childrens life?

Originally posted by mshelby View Post
    If the mother files for child support can she deny visitation? She said she is going to fight in court to deny me visitation because she has to breast feed and the child cannot be away from her. Our daughter is only 6 days old. During her pregancy, the mother and I did not get along at all, she said that she is going to show the courts the nasty emails I sent her to deny the visitation. The emails were nasty, because she would not let me be involved during her pregnacy, I just wanted to be supportative and helpful, she said I needed to go see a p-trist which I did, and had mental exams on me. I am a good person, a full-time job, own a house, never been in trouble with the law, and never had a speeding ticket. Doesnt Ohio want the father to be invovlved in their childrens life?
    The visitation issue isn't related to a CS issue or a breastfeeding issue.

What the visitation issue IS related to tho is this- is there a court order for visitation yet?

If not, you need to file for visitation ASAP. Sorry, but until you get a court order, she can legally prevent you from seeing your child. Unless she can PROVE in court that you are a DANGER to your child, you will be able to get visitation rights. The E-mails probably won't mean anything, and breastfeeding is NOT a reason that a court will deny visitation.

Comment

Originally posted by mshelby View Post
      Do not wait to be served papers in regards to this child. Register with the Putative Fathers Registry IMMEDIATELY. This will preserve your rights as the child's father FOR A VERY SHORT PERIOD OF TIME. If you do not and she decides to put the child up for adoption, you will be $hit out of luck unless she willingly concedes that you are the father. From what you have written, that is not very likely.

As far as the emails, if you did indeed try to force your way into her life during the pregnancy and she has proof of the harassment, you may have a difficult time obtaining unsupervised time with the child any time soon.

This is the thing that guys do not get; pregnancy does not guarantee you anything except that a baby may or may not be born in approximately 9 months. (and it may or may not be yours) It does not entitle you to have free access to the child's mother (or the child within) until a court says so. If you acted in an irrational way during the pregnancy and she has evidence of such irrational or even threatening behavior, you are going to have a tough time proving that you can be rational enough, after the child has been born, to have visitation. IT DOESN'T MATTER WHY AND THE COURT WILL NOT CARE WHY YOU SENT QUESTIONABLE EMAILS........YOU SENT THEM.

Just so you are prepared, visitation proceedings tend to take FOREVER. The shortest amount of time it ever took to resolve a parenting schedule in my experience took 7+ months......and that was with both parties in agreement with everything. If you were impatient with the child's mother during the pregnancy, try to be better prepared for your case by not harassing or threatening, or even contacting her outside of attorneys until your case is done.

Its not a race, it is a long *** marathon. Be prepared and take a chill.
      Last edited by Ohio "Step" Mom; 11-10-2006, 10:36 PM.
      Don't listen to a word I say because ya know I've gotta be crazy to be a Brown's fan.

Comment

Go down and file for visitaion for your daughter ASAP.

Comment

Working...
        X