Florida: Single-Unmarried parent....Custody help Florida

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida: Single-Unmarried parent....Custody help Florida

here is my situation......3 kids.....and the father and I never got married.
    we have gone to court for child support and established paternity and w/ me be custodial and him non-custodial parent. For sake of the kids, i said no need to go to court for visitation..I would agree every other weekend....Forward now a few years and no word from him and no payment.....

Who has legal custody? I don't think anything was determined in the support hearing except that kids live with me and he pays support. I was under assumption that it's automatic that I have physical and legal custody since we were unmarried and he never took me to court for visitation or custody.
    Only papers i have are from the support case....

Originally posted by kelnxs View Post
    here is my situation......3 kids.....and the father and I never got married.
    we have gone to court for child support and established paternity and w/ me be custodial and him non-custodial parent. For sake of the kids, i said no need to go to court for visitation..I would agree every other weekend....Forward now a few years and no word from him and no payment.....

Who has legal custody? I don't think anything was determined in the support hearing except that kids live with me and he pays support. I was under assumption that it's automatic that I have physical and legal custody since we were unmarried and he never took me to court for visitation or custody.
    Only papers i have are from the support case....
    You have legal custody, even if the CS orders don't specify custody, the fact that you are to recieve CS establishes that the children live with you, therefore you are the custodial parent.

Since he's not paying, have you filed for contempt?

Comment

Working...
    X