Can the judges in Texas do whatever they want? Texas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the judges in Texas do whatever they want? Texas

I raised my son alone from birth until he was 12. I have a child support order from Ca.. My son went to live with his dad in March 2002, at this time we stopped current support and they tried to collect the $17,000.00 that he owes in arrearages. My son's Father and him live in Texas. His father filed a custody and support petition in Feb 2004 in which I was ordered to pay $100.00 because I have 2 special needs children that make it impossible to work, this was fine, I didn't mind. Today, I get a copy of a new order saying he was credited an abatement for the two years before he filed in the amount of $543.00 a month andnow I am to pay $400.00 a month not the 100.00 a month agreed to. Now he owes no arreages and I don't know how he got the abatement, the abated him was not for the collection period in which he had custody.....is this legal? Oh yeah by the way I am in Nevada and of course can't afford to go to Texas to fight this.

Are you saying that when you got the judgment in this lawsuit that the language about the abatement showed up for the very first time?
    “Be not niggardly of what costs thee nothing, as courtesy, counsel, & countenance.”

--Benjamin Franklin

Comment

yes , the language of abatement is only worded in the final order, i was to have 100.00 a month credited back to him from Feb. 2004 to present from arrearages.

Comment

Working...
      X