GA Paternity test results unknown Florida

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA Paternity test results unknown Florida

My husband received papers from GA child support and he went to take the paternity test and answered all of their questions and its been 3 years and we haven't heard a peep from GA child support. Does this mean hes not the dad? We've been tring to contact the case worker but we leave messages and get no returned calls. Weather the results were negative or possitve wouldn't they let us know the results? Does anyone know how we can get some answers from GA child support?

You would think you would have recieved a paper in the mail stating if he was the father or not, I would assume he is not the father or by now he would be paying support.

Comment

Originally posted by floridamom22
      My husband received papers from GA child support and he went to take the paternity test and answered all of their questions and its been 3 years and we haven't heard a peep from GA child support. Does this mean hes not the dad? We've been tring to contact the case worker but we leave messages and get no returned calls. Weather the results were negative or possitve wouldn't they let us know the results? Does anyone know how we can get some answers from GA child support?
      Your husband needs to contact Ga. CSE to find out for sure what became of the case. Does he still have the papers that have a case number, or even a caseworker's name on them? Start with that. If thier office won't tell him anything he can try doing a search of the civil cases for that time period. He can look under the mother's name, the child's name and his name. If anything was ever officially filed with the court it will show up.

Ga. CSE cannot be trusted at all, so your husband needs to get some definitive answers to protect himself. He doesn't want to find out years from now that he was the father and that a court order was done without his knowledge and he owes thousands in arrears plus interest.

Comment

this case is so strange, when the orginal papers came she was claiming that 3 other men were the father as well and I'm assuming they took a paternity test too. But the woman is still telling my in-laws that my husband is the father even though child support never verified that he was or wasnt the father. In between moving the papers got lost so we dont have a case number or case workers name. We have contacted the GA child support office today and they said to get the case information they will mail us paperwork to fill out and he has to send it back with a copy of his picture id, hopefully it wont take too long.

Comment

Originally posted by floridamom22
          this case is so strange, when the orginal papers came she was claiming that 3 other men were the father as well and I'm assuming they took a paternity test too. But the woman is still telling my in-laws that my husband is the father even though child support never verified that he was or wasnt the father. In between moving the papers got lost so we dont have a case number or case workers name. We have contacted the GA child support office today and they said to get the case information they will mail us paperwork to fill out and he has to send it back with a copy of his picture id, hopefully it wont take too long.
          If CSE says that he's the father, your husband needs to ask for a copy of the DNA results. They will be in the court file, but he certainly shouldn't agree to anything until he recieves proof and has an opportunity to take the matter to court.
          I'm sorry, but I don't trust Ga. CSE and I know from experience that they are capable of making things up just so that they will get thier federal funds.

Comment

He's not the father but still is court ordered to pay child support. PLEASE HELP

When we contacted the child support office they told us he has to take a paternity test for each child. (they didn't tell him this when he took the first test which proved he wasn't the father), He now has a court order to pay child support for 2 other kids (one which has another man's name on the birth certificate) but they never took him to court and never established paternity. How can we get this case closed. I've seen both of the kids and I'm 99% sure he's not the father. My husband is white and the kids are black like the mother, And as a mixed child I never seen a mixed kid come out black. I've heard of things like this happening because if he doesn't pay then the government has to pay, so to prevent the money coming from the government they force anyone that the mother claims as the father to pay without even notifing them. fyi the court order was forced in 2004 and we just found out a couple of months ago that there was a court order to pay child support. (and they never sent anything I found out by digging around online). This is the craziest thing I've ever heard of can someone please help me and let me know what my options are?

Comment

Originally posted by floridamom22 View Post
              When we contacted the child support office they told us he has to take a paternity test for each child. (they didn't tell him this when he took the first test which proved he wasn't the father), He now has a court order to pay child support for 2 other kids (one which has another man's name on the birth certificate) but they never took him to court and never established paternity. How can we get this case closed. I've seen both of the kids and I'm 99% sure he's not the father. My husband is white and the kids are black like the mother, And as a mixed child I never seen a mixed kid come out black. I've heard of things like this happening because if he doesn't pay then the government has to pay, so to prevent the money coming from the government they force anyone that the mother claims as the father to pay without even notifing them. fyi the court order was forced in 2004 and we just found out a couple of months ago that there was a court order to pay child support. (and they never sent anything I found out by digging around online). This is the craziest thing I've ever heard of can someone please help me and let me know what my options are?
              Halle Berry comes to mind.

As for the rest, I'll let you wait for Xena. She is much more knowledgeable about Fl.
              Last edited by mommyof4; 12-07-2006, 03:07 PM.
              HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
              How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
              (unique up on him)
              How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
              (same way)

Comment

Unfortunately he's going to need an attorney to get this mess fixed. The CSE agency has done alot of things they shouldn't have but trying to win against a gov. agency is virtually impossible without an attorney. He can ask for the state to pay for his legal fees if he prevails in court. I'm sorry there isn't better news.

Comment

Thats what I figured, we have an attorney working on the case. I just hope this will be over soon, Thanks for your help

Comment

Thats what I figured, we have an attorney working on the case. I just hope this will be over soon, Thanks for your help
                    Please post and let us know how things work out.

Comment

Working...
                    X