Court Order Facts Wrong Minnesota

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Court Order Facts Wrong Minnesota

I have a court order which gives a judgement regarding juridiction in my child custody case. The problem is that there is a typo in the court order, a mistake. It states that someone else besides my former spouse passed away when it was actually my spouse who died. What do I do to get this typo corrected? Do I need to take action or should I ignore it? Can the opposing party use this mistake to say that the order is not valid? Is it a huge process to get this corrected?

Help!

Originally posted by aqlprr
    I have a court order which gives a judgement regarding juridiction in my child custody case. The problem is that there is a typo in the court order, a mistake. It states that someone else besides my former spouse passed away when it was actually my spouse who died. What do I do to get this typo corrected? Do I need to take action or should I ignore it? Can the opposing party use this mistake to say that the order is not valid? Is it a huge process to get this corrected?

Help!
    Check Minnesota's civil procedure rules. In most states there is a rule applying to minor clerical errors and how to correct them.

If it is an order on only jurisdiction I would think that the mistake wouldn't effect the overall order. As long as it doesn't, it can be pretty much ignored, unless the other party has abn issue with it.

Comment

Working...
    X