Filing Limtitation for Child Support Minnesota

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neweuser
    Ok, thanks. i have a court order for custody. And the judge said that the support will be set at my discretion which ever i choose to file for. so that would mean i could be denied?
    You will NOT be denied child support. The judge could order that child suppport would be ordered from the date filed instead of 2 years prior. Sorry, I missed that you had a custody order or I would have told you that. Xena caught it.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

Ok, thanks. i have a court order for custody. And the judge said that the support will be set at my discretion which ever i choose to file for. so that would mean i could be denied?
      Is it specifally written in the custody order that you may ask for CS at any time?
      If it is, then I doubt if waiver or laches can be used as a defense. Reread your order to make sure that it states that though.

Comment

Well, that's too bad. I have full legal and physical custody. I knew i should have filed for support. But with a crack addict, who would've guessed she would come back. I can go down and file for support now, but i was hoping i could have done something about the past! thanks ladies!
        A True Father!

Comment

Ok. will do. When I review the order for custody, what are the keys to look for? I am well aware of her rights, and that i cannot withhold visitation due to non payment and what not. But as far as filing for support, what am i looking for?
          A True Father!

Comment

Ok. will do. When I review the order for custody, what are the keys to look for? I am well aware of her rights, and that i cannot withhold visitation due to non payment and what not. But as far as filing for support, what am i looking for?
            Recheck the order, it might have something in it to the effect of putting the issue of retroactive CS in reserve. Don't get your hopes up too high though because retro is usually only put in reserve when CS is originally ordered.

Comment

Working...
            X