Using kids for tax purposes- Arkansas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using kids for tax purposes- Arkansas

My husband has two children by his ex and she also just had another baby by her boyfriend. Would it be unreasonable for us to ask to be able to use one of his two children on our tax returns?? I'm sure she'll protest, but hubby wants this in his modification also.

Do the kids spend at least 50% of the year with him? Can he show that he contributes at leat 50% of all financial support for the children? He can ask for it in the modification, but it may not be granted due to the IRS guidelines.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

I'm not sure what the guidelines are, but I have heard of people that split it like that and do not have 50/50 custody. I think they have to send a copy of the order to the IRS or something like that. He would not ask her to split it if they only had one child together, but now she has three and she doesn't work or go to school. It seems only fair. My husband pays his child support and the credit would help to cover the expenses and extra curricular things that we like to do with his kids when they're with us.

Comment

Originally posted by arkansasmom
        My husband has two children by his ex and she also just had another baby by her boyfriend. Would it be unreasonable for us to ask to be able to use one of his two children on our tax returns?? I'm sure she'll protest, but hubby wants this in his modification also.
        Since he's filing to modify anyway he should request the court to order it, the worst that can happen is the Judge might say no, so why not try?

Comment

Originally posted by xena
          Since he's filing to modify anyway he should request the court to order it, the worst that can happen is the Judge might say no, so why not try?
          You're right! I'll pass the advice on to him. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by arkansasmom
            You're right! I'll pass the advice on to him. Thanks.
            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
            How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
            (unique up on him)
            How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
            (same way)

Comment

thats so cute

Comment

Working...
              X