Three girls abused and neglected Georgia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three girls abused and neglected Georgia

My husband has three girls who live in Louisiana with their mother. The mother at the last custody case failed two drug test and hair strand for meth, the judge still allowed the mother to keep the children and ordered my husband to pay child support to the mother each month . WHY!! my husband passed his drug test why didn't he get the kids. now the children are being abused. We have an attorney we cannot afford. What are we to do we need help....

If mom tested positive why did the kids get released into her custody. I would contact your case worker ASAP and see what can be done. That does not seem right.

Comment

Did Dad ask for custody or just visitation? If Dad does not ask to become the custodial parent, the court will usually not take it upon themselves to put that on him. Maybe he is not asking for the girls and needs to and should call DCF if the Mom really is drug addicted.

Comment

Originally posted by 3girlsmissed
        My husband has three girls who live in Louisiana with their mother. The mother at the last custody case failed two drug test and hair strand for meth, the judge still allowed the mother to keep the children and ordered my husband to pay child support to the mother each month . WHY!! my husband passed his drug test why didn't he get the kids. now the children are being abused. We have an attorney we cannot afford. What are we to do we need help....
        Are there any provisions in the court orders that mom must be tested every so often? If there is and she fails Dad should file for contempt and custody. Also report the abuse EVERYTIME it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by elklaw
          Did Dad ask for custody or just visitation? If Dad does not ask to become the custodial parent, the court will usually not take it upon themselves to put that on him. Maybe he is not asking for the girls and needs to and should call DCF if the Mom really is drug addicted.
          Yes we have asked for full custody. He wants his girls! We just can't afford the attorney. We have went to dfcs and the govenor and OCS in louisiana (children services) but we are getting no where with this. These girls cry every time we talk to them. They say their mommy and her boyfriend smack them so hard in th mouth that it makes them bleed. and they tape the middle childs mouth shut and hold her down. What are we to do!! We called OCS and they said we will see if it is important enough to submit it!! Where is the justice.... HELP!!!1

Comment

Originally posted by xena
            Are there any provisions in the court orders that mom must be tested every so often? If there is and she fails Dad should file for contempt and custody. Also report the abuse EVERYTIME it happens.
            We have reported it and we get nowhere... I swear it's like no one cares!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mom26
              If mom tested positive why did the kids get released into her custody. I would contact your case worker ASAP and see what can be done. That does not seem right.
              They won't do anything about it! We have even went to the govenor you know good ol sonny perdue still nothing!!!!

Comment

We have reported it and we get nowhere... I swear it's like no one cares!!!
                Is there anything in the court orders requiring mom to get drug testing?

Comment

They won't do anything about it! We have even went to the govenor you know good ol sonny perdue still nothing!!!!
                  Contact Sonny Perdue's office again. This is an election year, use that to your advantage. NICELY tell them that if they don't look into this situation you'll be forced to take it to the media, remind them that bad publicity in the media will not be good for the reelection campaign.

Comment

My step daughter was being horrifically abused and neglected. Her family reported it to CPS. Her neighbors reported it. We reported it. Nothing.

Finally we sought an emergency domestic violence protection order (despite the fact we knew it would be denied because her father was not on the birth certificate). Finally, on that judges recommendation, CPS did investigate and my step daughter was removed from her mother's care. She now lives with me.

PLEASE.....do not give up.

Since your husband is probably already the presumed father of these children, his petition for a domestic relations emergency petition might not be ignored. If ours had been approved, it would have been 6 less months that my step daughter would have had to live in hell. Those types of protection orders (not sure what they call them in your state) give immediate physical custody to the petitioner. If you have proof of what you are saying, that custody could become permanent.

Good Luck and Don't Give Up
                    Last edited by Ohio "Step" Mom; 07-26-2006, 11:00 AM.
                    Don't listen to a word I say because ya know I've gotta be crazy to be a Brown's fan.

Comment

Working...
                    X