This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wrongful termination due to sexual harrasment including slander, Florida

I have been employed at a hotel for two and a half years. I was currently the front desk
    manager and on a set salary because I also have and agreement to live on property. About a
    year and a half ago the general manager - who is also the property owners son-, and I
    started an affair that went on for about a year. Sometime around the 7th or 8th month it
    was still continuing because i was threatened that i would lose my job and place to live.
    Then the property owner leased the property under someone else s control and I was able to
    stop being basically blackmailed into continuing a sexual relation with the owners son.
    This took place in Dec of 2011. As of March 15 the the lease failed and the owner sent his
    son back to the property to live and manage. Within 30 minutes of his being back he fired
    me for no other reason then to get revenge. I have 553 very distressing texts save on my
    phone just from the past two month all of which I never replied to. They range from threats
    to take my job and place to live, over half are of a sexual nature in which he slanders me
    horribly, threats some that can prove blackmail where he claims I didn't learn my lesson and
    now I would see, and many more. I kept quiet because I was scared to tell and lose my job
    and residence. Like I said he fired me within 30 minutes of stepping back on property and I
    have witnesses to show I was nothing but a reliable honest employee who did everything and
    more than was asked of me at the hotel. Also I have a co-worker who was witness to the
    harassment and mental abuse I was being put through. I called the property owner- his
    father- and told him the whole story, he told me I still had my job and place to stay that
    he respected me and had no problem with me. The next day when i was scheduled to work they called in
    someone to do my shift and the father said he would leave his son in place and let me go
    rather then see the proof of everything. If you could please help me or give me advice I
    would appreciate it. I have been through tremendous emotional distress including having to
    change my phone number and now lost everything Ive worked for the past two years for in
    less then five min.

I'm not seeing anything that points to slander but if there are at least 15 employees you can file a claim with the EEOC for the sexual harassment.
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

yeah i suppose its more emotional distress than slander... its all in the text messages

Comment

I suggest you consult with an employment law attorney. In addition to sexual harassment and wrongful discharge, there may be some criminal actions on the part of the owner's son because of all the threats and harassing texts you received. You may have several legal actions to pursue.

Comment

Sending nasty text messages is not slander. If the threats are bad enough you may want to consider contacting the police.
          I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
          X