Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I Fired? Employer told me to go home but hasn't informed me of my job status. PR

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I Fired? Employer told me to go home but hasn't informed me of my job status. PR

I am in San Juan Puerto Rico. I work as a waiter and have worked for this restaurant for 2 months. I have never missed a day or been late. I had to call in because I was sick and I went to the doctor. I called and spoke with my supervisor. I have record of all of this. The next day i still wasn't feeling good but I went into work anyway. I worked for 2 hours and the owner came in and wiggled his finger for me to come over to him. He then asks "who is the boss"? i say he is. He then asks "who pays you, not Juan." Juan is the managing waiter. I apologized emphatically, but I thought I was ok. I called and they said no problem. I didnt realize he was so sensitive about being in charge. I spoke with Juan and he said ok. He then told me to go home. I asked if I come in tommorrow and he said no. He then said we will call you. I have not recieved a call yet. And I want to be proactive and if I have rights I want to know. I am sick of being walked over. PLEASE HELP>>> Thank YOu

Originally posted by wfojoey View Post
    I am in San Juan Puerto Rico. I work as a waiter and have worked for this restaurant for 2 months. I have never missed a day or been late. I had to call in because I was sick and I went to the doctor. I called and spoke with my supervisor. I have record of all of this. The next day i still wasn't feeling good but I went into work anyway. I worked for 2 hours and the owner came in and wiggled his finger for me to come over to him. He then asks "who is the boss"? i say he is. He then asks "who pays you, not Juan." Juan is the managing waiter. I apologized emphatically, but I thought I was ok. I called and they said no problem. I didnt realize he was so sensitive about being in charge. I spoke with Juan and he said ok. He then told me to go home. I asked if I come in tommorrow and he said no. He then said we will call you. I have not recieved a call yet. And I want to be proactive and if I have rights I want to know. I am sick of being walked over. PLEASE HELP>>> Thank YOu
    I wouldn't even know where to begin other than to suggest you get back on the computer and see what you can find on Puerto Rican employment laws.
    We primarily deal with U.S. State and Federal laws.
    I don't we can help you here,
    Sorry.

Comment

So you've been sent home because the boss is upset that you spoke to the managing waiter and not him about being ill and unable to work? There's nothing illegal about that. I suggest you file for unemployment benefits right away and start looking for a new job.

Comment

You might want be be proactive in looking for other employment & also filing for UI benefits. Good luck.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X