This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminated in Texas Texas

I have been a general manager for a franchise for the last 5.5 years. I was offered a chance at a promotion with another franchise of the same company a few months ago.

I did not like working for the other franchise, and they could sense it. After a few months of training I was offered me a chance to go back to the original company. During the conversation about going back to my original company I was asked, "How do you see the transfer going if there isn't an opportunity for a promotion in the future." I responded that if there was no opportunity to advance that I would probably be leaving after I get my degree in about 2 years. I accepted the move back knowing that I would not immediately be reinstated as a general manager and under the impression that I would not have a chance to be promoted.

When I returned I was put into an assistant manager position at one of the locations and worked there for only a few weeks before being terminated.

I go to school part time and received a call in the middle of one of my classes from the owner and our HR manager. I was told that over the phone that they were in a awkward position because "my salary was too high to be an assistant manager and since I was possibly leaving the company in two years they didn't see making me a general manager an option either". I was then told that the only option they saw was to go our separate ways. I wasn't given another option, I would have taken a pay cut to keep my job if it was offered.

Not sure if I have a case for anything.

I don't see any. You told them you saw no future with them, and they wanted someone more committed to the company.
    I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At-will

http://employeeissues.com/wrongful_termination.htm

Based on just what you posted, I don't see anything illegal done by your employer.
      Sorry.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
      X